MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions on "Forums table" [Fid -> auto increment]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you didn't create / delete forums yourself, maybe you installed a plugin that does, or you did something similar (such as a merge from another forum system) that could've caused such things to happen.

Easy to test - create 10 forums and see what numbers they get. They should be n, n+1, n+2, n+3, ...
(2011-03-10, 12:41 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn't create / delete forums yourself, maybe you installed a plugin that does, or you did something similar (such as a merge from another forum system) that could've caused such things to happen.

Easy to test - create 10 forums and see what numbers they get. They should be n, n+1, n+2, n+3, ...

no plugins as such in my localhost, I am waiting for the answer of below question, whether labrocca has really deleted those forums which are missing or is this by default.

below one is live example too..

(2011-03-10, 12:31 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:which means it should take value by default in chronological order ....if not assigned any.

And that is what it does. The action of create forum will auto increment the fid. Again..what makes you think it doesn't do that.

I mean the same but in my localhost -> fid shown when hovering the mouse is fid=1, fid=113, fid=112 instead of fid=1, fid=2, fid=3

and i have just deleted 2-3 forum,

not only in my localhost.
Lets talk about your forum which is in your sig - "supportforums.net", when i was checking fid they are :-

fid=2, fid=3, fid=13, fid=23, fid=50, fid=47, fid=59, fid=75.... and more..

so have you really deleted the forum which lies in between missing numbers..

Thanks

And there we're back to the forum order - to pick up the supportforums.net example, the other fids exist, you just didn't see them, they just don't appear in the order of fid on the site. Go to fid 4, 5, 6 directly (by editing the URL bar) and you'll see that these forums exist all right, just their location is different because it depends on their parent-child forum and disporder setting, not on the fid itself.
(2011-03-10, 01:05 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]And there we're back to the forum order - to pick up the supportforums.net example, the other fids exist, you just didn't see them, they just don't appear in the order of fid on the site. Go to fid 4, 5, 6 directly (by editing the URL bar) and you'll see that these forums exist all right, just their location is different because it depends on their parent-child forum and disporder setting, not on the fid itself.

now there is a forum with fid=75, just edit the url and type 74 instead of 75, and say me your answer again Huh

I think I understand what you mean, but are you sure you didn't delete them or install any plugins that could affect it? Also, can you recreate the error on a test server?

Regards,
Jammerx2
(2011-03-10, 01:27 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I understand what you mean, but are you sure you didn't delete them or install any plugins that could affect it? Also, can you recreate the error on a test server?

Regards,
Jammerx2

I have deleted only 2-3 forum and about plugin, I am pretty sure they have not, my all plugin is from mods.mybb and i hope none of them create this situation moreover i have given the above example of supportforums.net too where there is fid=75 but no fid=74..

Thanks
Wow. You're not getting it. Listen. MyBB works fine. You're obviously not understanding a few concepts. Just move because how the FID's work are not important to you.
(2011-03-10, 03:53 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. You're not getting it. Listen. MyBB works fine. You're obviously not understanding a few concepts. Just move because how the FID's work are not important to you.

Appreciate your reply, but I made this thread to understand the same concept.

If there is some gap in fid, than whats making that gap, even after having auto_increment vaue and without assigning any value to it mannually..and yes ofcourse mybb works fine, ...

anyways thanks for your reply...
Edit: --- I got the answer... The categories are also on "fid=" so, if we make any category, than the category is fid=some number and even for the forum it is fid=some number...

I didn't know, even "category" gets "Fid"...

Pages: 1 2