MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really weird bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If this should go in bug reports instead, please move it. I wasn't sure if it should since I'm not sure if its been reported before.

I recently stumbled upon a glitch on my forum where upon attempting to reset my password using the "Forgot Password" feature, I noticed the email never shows up in my inbox, my spam box, or otherwise. I read the support document regarding cookie issues, but since I can't access my ACP there isn't much I can do in that area. So I'm wondering, is there any way to fix this outside of reinstalling MyBB? I would prefer to not have to do that if I could avoid it.

Why can't you access the ACP?
If you are talking about this thread here,
then you don't need to have access to ACP, just login to your hosting control panel >> file manager >> from there /includes/settings.php .
edit the file as told in the tutorial and then re-upload / save the file.
(2011-03-10, 02:30 AM)Pixovee Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't you access the ACP?

Because I don't know my password.

(2011-03-10, 03:17 AM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]If you are talking about this thread here,
then you don't need to have access to ACP, just login to your hosting control panel >> file manager >> from there /includes/settings.php .
edit the file as told in the tutorial and then re-upload / save the file.

I'll give that a shot, I kind of doubt thats the problem though since nobody else is having the issue aside from me.
That wouldn't fix the email problem though would it? Is there any way to fix that?
Contact your host and ask them if they have sendmail function in php activated,may be they have disabled it.
(2011-03-10, 03:44 AM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]Contact your host and ask them if they have sendmail function in php activated,may be they have disabled it.

Will do, thanks for the help.
I saw a script to test the mail function somewhere around here, I'll try that first and if that doesn't work I'll get in touch with my hosting company.
sure thing, all the best Smile
Hm, this is even more odd. The PHP mail script sent the email fine, the only other thing I can think of is that something is wrong with the webmail account I'm using. Technology can be annoying sometimes. >.>
So you've run [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) and that sent OK??
See to it that you've created an email account from cpanel . I had similar problem with some host it's not automatic .you entered [email protected] as your board email so create that email from cpanel >webmail.
Pages: 1 2