MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: College.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i got into SLC (St Larwence College) and more importantly for me, Residence.

Can anyone whose been give me advice? What floor is best for a first year, tips on people, should i bring the timmies on move in day?
What is a timmie?
(2011-03-10, 05:21 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]So i got into SLC (St Larwence College) and more importantly for me, Residence.

Can anyone whose been give me advice? What floor is best for a first year, tips on people, should i bring the timmies on move in day?

The one in Kingston? Don't need to bring Timmies, everywhere in Canada has it Wink. Other than that, you should be fine. Just keep working hard and realize that post-secondary education is different from what you did in high-school, so reinvent yourself.

I would know. I'm now a first-year student at the University of Waterloo.

(2011-03-10, 07:50 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]What is a timmie?

If you are not from Canada, you won't have to know (it's the way Canadians call Tim Hortons). I don't really endorse Tim Hortons myself, the coffee gives me a headache even just smelling it and the donuts and stuff have peanut allergy warnings.
(2011-03-10, 07:54 PM)-AW- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-10, 07:50 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]What is a timmie?

If you are not from Canada, you won't have to know (it's the way Canadians call Tim Hortons). I don't really endorse Tim Hortons myself, the coffee gives me a headache even just smelling it and the donuts and stuff have peanut allergy warnings.

I know it's the name for Tim Hortons, but i dont get how you can "bring the timmies on moving day" Toungue SO I thought it had some other meaning XD

It is Mark you're talking with..
"Bring the timmies" bring multiple coffee's or teas along with other tim horton parafanalia.

@AW are you in a dorm? Which did you chose?
(2011-03-11, 03:13 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]"Bring the timmies" bring multiple coffee's or teas along with other tim horton parafanalia.

@AW are you in a dorm? Which did you chose?

I live off-campus. Just take a look at which ones you want to stay at and then make a decision.