MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permalinks and Seo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys

Is there a settings for permalinks so the urls show up as the post titles instead of thread-3.html etc.

I have also tried installing the Google Seo plugin and had trouble. I was curious if there is a more detailed set of instructions on how to install that. I am a more intermediate user so I am not sure why it failed the first time but it was saying something along the lines of one of the enlish language php files was not in the admin directory in which it was in that directory. At this point I just erased it.

Would appreciate the help
I suggest to use Google SEO
Its very nice plugin, im using that one..
At first, same with you, i have so many errors and problems.
To got it working, just follow the steps carefully
Follow the commands appear in the Google SEO plugin on what to do specially in .htacces file
Is there a link you suggest for instructions? I was using the google_seo.txt file but it doesn't seem very good. Appreciate your help. On my first attempt I used these instructions: http://webupon.com/search-engines/how-to...-for-mybb/

And I thought I did it all correctly but it did not work as when I got to step 8 there was just an error string within the plugin area that stated something along the lines a language php file was missing in the admin folder which it was clearly there.

Any help would be great
Little tut that i can share to you:

* Activate Google SEO in plugin section
* Once activated there are some commands need to be configure
* Just follow it and read carefully, specially when setting up the options
* Then, save
* Look back again Google SEO in plugin section, there some codes that needs to add or modify specially in the .htaccess file, just follow it
* Dont forget to replace the function.php

* Or you can PM me, and give me a temporary admin account soo that i can help you
This is my site > http://nadlerzone.com/
I think I figured this out a bit more. Thank you for the helpful tips. Okay so the code after the settings are adjusted is just added to the htaccess.text file correct. Just add it to the bottom of it and replace?

Did you change the inc/functions.php file?
Not at all. Basically I think it is working now just by simply adding the the inc folder then going into the plugin admin in mybb and installing setting it up. Then taking the code and added it to the .htaccess file. This was all I did and the permalinks appear to be good now. Is this everything I need to do?
You need to edit the functions.php file. You can do so through.

Youwebsite.com/inc/plugins/google_seo.txt

find
You will also need modify inc/functions.php.

and follow the instructions under that.
Okay thank you very much. I just finished doing this through my html editor using search and find. Anyways the only thing wrong I noticed was on the last Find and Replace.

Find:
function multipage($count, $perpage, $page, $url)
{

Mine had a $breadcrumb=false after the , $url

I just assumed though that was the string and replaced it anyways.

Hopefully this works thanks for the help
Dont manually edit the function.php to avoid error, just replace it with the function.php pack with the Google SEO
just rename functions.php-1.6.2-googleseo to functions.php and then upload it to inc directory
Pages: 1 2