MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no "convert" dir - Threads: 1,866,640, Posts: 1,983,714
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to convert a massive forum running on vbulletin script.

I read the wiki to make sure i dont miss on anything. However, in wiki it says that downloaded merge system should have a folder called "convert" or something. but i have a folder called "merge" and when i uploaded inside my forum root and ran it, on the 3rd step, after selecting vbulletin as an option, it gives me following error:

Error
The MyBB Merge System cannot continue until you upload loginconvert.php (found in this directory via a file transfer application) to your MyBB Forums' inc/plugins folder.
The folder is now named merge.
Check FTP for the loginconvert.php file. It's apparently not there.
yea i uploaded manually into inc/plugins and started the merge.

Its in process right now, its fetching threads there are millions of them.
I merged FORUMS before i could start threads, however, its not showing the forums yet....
Update : Apparently, recounting and rebuilding it from acp fixes it. Sorry for my continuous reply, but its my HUGE MASSIVE FORUM and i am nervous.
Wiki is updated now. Smile
(2011-03-11, 02:02 AM)g0lden Wrote: [ -> ]yea i uploaded manually into inc/plugins and started the merge.

Its in process right now, its fetching threads there are millions of them.
I merged FORUMS before i could start threads, however, its not showing the forums yet....
Update : Apparently, recounting and rebuilding it from acp fixes it. Sorry for my continuous reply, but its my HUGE MASSIVE FORUM and i am nervous.

Let's just hope it finishes soon. A forum like yours on MyBB will be really awesome to see.

On an unrelated note, has this patch been applied to MyBB 1.6.2?

http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1406