MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail Sends 6 Times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time I send all my members a mass mail it sends it to them 6 times. Is there a reason this happens?
What's your "Mass Mail" settings in "Task Manager" ?
Is there anything special about the usernames of the people who get it multiple times?? Does it send to everybody 6 times or just some people??
It sends to everyone 6 times

The way I send it is to everyone under 2000000 posts because then it sends it to everyone in the forum
Or you could just select all the usergroups...

if this is still happening to you there must be something different about your forum or server, nobody else has had this happen.
Would it make a difference if I was using mybb 1.4.6? I think thats what I'm using
MyBB 1.4.6 is very old, you should be using the latest version: 1.6.3

Why is this even in the 1.6 section if your using 1.4 anyway??
o.O 1.4.6 was released over two years ago, and has a very well known serious security vulnerability in it, you should not be running a version so old. Why have you not updated before now, and ignored the warning on your ACP home page about checking your version/upgrading for two years?? I also never understand why people ask for support about a problem when they're not using the latest version, the problem they're having may have been fixed in a more recent release, especially when you're two years behind on updates. Now that you've said what version you're on, I know exactly what the cause is, we fixed this problem ages ago, if you'd upgraded when we released these updates, you wouldn't be having this problem. Obviously the first thing you need to do here is upgrade.
But I can't upgrade to 1.6 because my forum is mainly based on Labrocas IPN plugin????
The plugin will work just fine, you'll just need to change the compatibility in the plugin file from 14* to 16*, and you should at least have upgraded to 1.4.14 if 1.6 wasn't an option. Running a version this old is just putting your forum at risk.