MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Here is my problem. My forum is setup to allow guests to both create threads and post.

Now I was posting as a guest to myself within one thread to test it out and found that the replys to my own thread are not in a seperate box but within the original posts box as below:

Original question
--------------------------------
Answer 1
-------------------------------
Answer 2

My question is, is this because my ip is logged and it knows im the same guest poster? I thought each reply would have its on div box and not just appear within the original Question box.

Please help
Edit:
Sorry, what I mean is Post Merge Time setting.
Still never worked. The replys are still showing within the original Question box only seperated by a line.
(2011-03-11, 08:36 PM)essej88 Wrote: [ -> ]Still never worked. The replys are still showing within the original Question box only seperated by a line.

(2011-03-11, 08:29 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]Edit:
Sorry, what I mean is Post Merge Time setting.

Okay what am I doing with the post merge setting?

Here is a picture of my dilemma below:

http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338...roblem.png

As you can see the reply does not end up in a box below the question but ends up in the question box just below a line.

Set it to 0 (zero), or leave it blank.
It will affecting to new post.
The existing merged post won't be affected.
Okay I now have it like this:

Post Flood Checking: OFF

Post Merge Time: 0

And the thread still appears the same unless it won't take place until someone else replys to a thread again
All posts previous to the setting being changed will not be affected.
It worked!

Thank you very very much RateU
Edit:

Smile