MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chatbox !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone give me a chatbox PLUGIN link that "DOES" not use an BANDWIDTH
That makes no sense, obviously it's going to use bandwidth. I am quite sure that you do not know how bandwidth works.
I used to have a "shout box" and it ate all my badnwdith, Well what I mean is a chat box that does not use like 100 or 50 MB of bandwidth every day (Maybe it could use 5-10 MB)
You don't understand. They're not programmed to use a certain amount of bandwidth. The more you use it, the more bandwidth it uses.
True that, but what if the "Chat box" is an embed ??? Embed don't use "Bandwidth from your site" they use it from their hosted server. Is that true ? If so I would like a plugin that does not use my site bandwidth like an embed.

For example when you EMBED a video it does not use your forum BANDWIDTH but it would use "Youtube" or the video host bandwidth.
(2011-03-11, 08:45 PM)Mr.tnr Wrote: [ -> ]True that, but what if the "Chat box" is an embed ??? Embed don't use "Bandwidth from your site" they use it from their hosted server. Is that true ? If so I would like a plugin that does not use my site bandwidth like an embed.

For example when you EMBED a video it does not use your forum BANDWIDTH but it would use "Youtube" or the video host bandwidth.

You mean the chat box is embedded into your website? If so, then your database must be configured on another server, meaning you'll be paying for the server yourself, costing you more than just upgrading the single server alone. You can't get a free reliable webhost that will let you use that much bandwidth.
how is a youtube video using that much BANDWIDTH?

for example if I embed an "IRC" chatbox or a "AJAX" would it use a lot of bandwidth?
BUMP 24 hours
bump another 24 hours.
You make no sense whatsoever.
Sorry, what i'm asking is; if an embed chatbox would use a lot of bandwidth or very little ?
Pages: 1 2