MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the thread rating stars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking for a long time but haven't found anything. How do I change the thread rating stars? The current ones don't look good because there's white all around them and it makes it look unprofessional. Can someone help?
It's in the root folder of your theme. Probably labeled star_rating.gif. You just edit them.
Can someone give me a more detailed explanation please?
Open up your theme folder:
public_html/images/themeName/star_rating.gif

Replace that image with what you want to use.

(2011-03-12, 10:33 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Open up your theme folder:

How do I edit the image though? Obviously though Photoshop or something similar but do I just get three stars and put one on top of the other? Is there something specific I need to do? It seems like they would have a different image for each star...
(2011-03-13, 05:16 AM)Big Coots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-12, 10:33 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Open up your theme folder:

How do I edit the image though? Obviously though Photoshop or something similar but do I just get three stars and put one on top of the other? Is there something specific I need to do? It seems like they would have a different image for each star...

Look at the original image, there's 1 image with 3 stars, you could figure out which is hover, non-hover, and selected.
I know that much but to change them do I just create three new stars and place them in order on top of each other like they already are for hover, non-hover and selected? That's what I need to know because I would have thought there would be a different image for each to make things a lot easier when editing them.
Correct.