MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the formatting in thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys ,
I came up with a rather strange request Big Grin

I want to change the normal thread formatting on my MyBB board (it's same like the community.mybb.com ) thread formatting to this as shown here :

[Image: 9Mzou.jpg]

I've seen such formatting in a few of other MyBB forums .But I recon it's possible due to the theme used.
Why I want it ?
Basically my community got fed up with the boring rectangular rank images and wanted to change that into a badge (like in IPB) .

So it's not possible doing it in the current formatting as there is less space for the badge which would be approx (130 px in width to 160 px in height)

So is it possible ?
If yes how to do it ?
It's called classic postbit.
You'll find the option in usercp > edit options, and in the admin panel under configuration > show thread.
If you'd like to force it to all users check out this tutorial: http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html
Quote:You'll find the option in usercp > edit options, and in the admin panel under configuration > show thread.

Quote: If you'd like to force it to all users check out this tutorial: http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html
Thanks for that .
Also what about the badges thing .
If I upload a " 130 px in width to 160 px in height" badge as rank images ,would it work ?
Edit :
Hmm... it seems a bit weird
I followed it
Quote:and in the admin panel under configuration > show thread.
I checked the Display posts using the classic layout and saved .
But the formatting stayed as it is (i.e horizontol style)
an I doing something wrong ?
also is this change from admin cp>show thread applied for all users
Theme messed it up
Screen grab : [Image: 5981303324.png]
I don't see what's wrong in that screenshot. The postbit is in classic mode, just like you wanted.
Ok another screenie .

[Image: 6301633839.png]

Do you see the problem now ?

There was supposed to be a horizontol divider seperating the author from post instead there are countless horizontol lines which continue until the post ends .
That's your theme's fault. It has got nothing to do with this.

It uses an image for the trow's background which repeats itself vertically: http://www.gamerbb.com/images/igame/trow.png. Do you see the darker lines in the top and the bottom? Those lines are repeated too. They are 1px tall but when they are repeated it doubles to 2px. And the reason why there's no line separating the author information from the message is also the theme's fault, it's border-less.
Yeah I guessed so
Quote:Theme messed it up

Is there anyway to fix it is what I was asking .
If you could give me access to an admin account I could fix it for you. Or I can try and explain you...
Can you make the space for the badge instead rank images in horizontal view ?
I just wanted to modify it to make spaces for the image .
Pages: 1 2