MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I Want To Hide Reputation From Certain Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I'm editing the showthread.php because i want to hide the reputation in certain forum/s i tried to make it but i've assumed that 'postbit_reputation' & 'postbit_rep_button' are called somewhere else other than in the $templatelist. I guess it is in the showthread templates but i can't seem to find it? 0.o

Removing 'postbit_reputation' & 'postbit_rep_button'
$tid = $thread['tid'];
$fid = $thread['fid'];

if($fid != 123){
$templatelist = "showthread,postbit,postbit_author_user,postbit_author_guest,showthread_newthread,showthread_newreply,showthread_newreply_closed,postbit_sig,showthread_newpoll,postbit_avatar,postbit_profile,postbit_find,postbit_pm,postbit_www,postbit_email,postbit_edit,postbit_quote,postbit_report,postbit_signature, postbit_online,postbit_offline,postbit_away,postbit_gotopost,showthread_ratethread,showthread_inline_ratethread,showthread_moderationoptions";
$templatelist .= ",multipage_prevpage,multipage_nextpage,multipage_page_current,multipage_page,multipage_start,multipage_end,multipage";
$templatelist .= ",postbit_editedby,showthread_similarthreads,showthread_similarthreads_bit,postbit_iplogged_show,postbit_iplogged_hiden,showthread_quickreply";
$templatelist .= ",forumjump_advanced,forumjump_special,forumjump_bit,showthread_multipage,postbit_quickdelete,postbit_attachments,thumbnails_thumbnail,postbit_attachments_attachment,postbit_attachments_thumbnails,postbit_attachments_images_image,postbit_attachments_images,postbit_posturl";
$templatelist .= ",postbit_inlinecheck,showthread_inlinemoderation,postbit_attachments_thumbnails_thumbnail,postbit_quickquote,postbit_qqmessage,postbit_ignored,postbit_groupimage,postbit_multiquote,showthread_search,postbit_warn,postbit_warninglevel,showthread_moderationoptions_custom_tool,showthread_moderationoptions_custom,showthread_inlinemoderation_custom_tool,showthread_inlinemoderation_custom,postbit_classic,showthread_classic_header,showthread_poll_resultbit,showthread_poll_results";
$templatelist .= ",showthread_usersbrowsing,showthread_usersbrowsing_user";
}else{
$templatelist = "showthread,postbit,postbit_author_user,postbit_author_guest,showthread_newthread,showthread_newreply,showthread_newreply_closed,postbit_sig,showthread_newpoll,postbit_avatar,postbit_profile,postbit_find,postbit_pm,postbit_www,postbit_email,postbit_edit,postbit_quote,postbit_report,postbit_signature, postbit_online,postbit_offline,postbit_away,postbit_gotopost,showthread_ratethread,showthread_inline_ratethread,showthread_moderationoptions";
$templatelist .= ",multipage_prevpage,multipage_nextpage,multipage_page_current,multipage_page,multipage_start,multipage_end,multipage";
$templatelist .= ",postbit_editedby,showthread_similarthreads,showthread_similarthreads_bit,postbit_iplogged_show,postbit_iplogged_hiden,showthread_quickreply";
$templatelist .= ",forumjump_advanced,forumjump_special,forumjump_bit,showthread_multipage,postbit_reputation,postbit_quickdelete,postbit_attachments,thumbnails_thumbnail,postbit_attachments_attachment,postbit_attachments_thumbnails,postbit_attachments_images_image,postbit_attachments_images,postbit_posturl,postbit_rep_button";
$templatelist .= ",postbit_inlinecheck,showthread_inlinemoderation,postbit_attachments_thumbnails_thumbnail,postbit_quickquote,postbit_qqmessage,postbit_ignored,postbit_groupimage,postbit_multiquote,showthread_search,postbit_warn,postbit_warninglevel,showthread_moderationoptions_custom_tool,showthread_moderationoptions_custom,showthread_inlinemoderation_custom_tool,showthread_inlinemoderation_custom,postbit_classic,showthread_classic_header,showthread_poll_resultbit,showthread_poll_results";
$templatelist .= ",showthread_usersbrowsing,showthread_usersbrowsing_user";

Thanks For Your Help!
You can do this by using Template Conditionals Plugin.
Go to: ACP > Templates > Postbit Templates > postbit_author_user > and find {$post['replink']} and replace it with the following;
$forums = array(1,2,3);
$hidden_forums = explode(",",$forums);
<if !in_array($fid,$hidden_forums) then>{$post['replink']}</if>
Where 1,2,3 are your forum IDs where you want to hide Reputations. Wink
How about if i wanted to do this without an extra plugin? :\
(2011-03-13, 07:10 PM)K1LL3RCL0WN Wrote: [ -> ]How about if i wanted to do this without an extra plugin? :\

You can't. Don't worry that plugin is a very basic one and doesn't affect your board much. I install it right after MyBB its just that useful.
There must be a way that i can remove it other than with a plugin?
(2011-03-13, 08:43 PM)K1LL3RCL0WN Wrote: [ -> ]There must be a way that i can remove it other than with a plugin?

Core edits, but it'd be so much more complicated. May i ask why this is an issue? Its one file.
(2011-03-13, 08:49 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-13, 08:43 PM)K1LL3RCL0WN Wrote: [ -> ]There must be a way that i can remove it other than with a plugin?

Core edits, but it'd be so much more complicated. May i ask why this is an issue? Its one file.

Could you point me in the right direction? Ty

It will help me to understand the MyBB coding...
Please use only one thread for your support: http://community.mybb.com/thread-90143.html
A blind guess would be forumdisplay.php I really have no clue. Really though, the plugin is the best bet, i don't know why your against it.
(2011-03-14, 11:22 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Please use only one thread for your support: http://community.mybb.com/thread-90143.html

You've just told him to use the other thread, and in the other thread, you told him to use this thread... Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2