MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site Hacked By...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I went to my sites this morning and found that they received the "Site Hacked by..." treatment.

All I noticed was that the index.php files were changed, and so I uploaded a new one and my site was back to normal.

I also changed the permissions to 4-4-4.

Anything else I should be concerned about? Or are these hacking attempts really that harmless?
What version were you running??
The latest, 1602.

I don't think it has anything to do with what version, considering all my sites in my cPanel were affected. Wordpress sites, SMF forums, etc.
You run multiple scripts on one site/server?
(2011-03-13, 02:43 PM)K1LL3RCL0WN Wrote: [ -> ]You run multiple scripts on one site/server?

They are add-on domains. I've been doing so for the past couple of years without any problems at all. Smile
Do you know how the hacker got access to your cpanel ?
I don't think he got access to my cPanel, otherwise more damage would've occurred. Nothing was wrong - only my index.php, which I easily replaced.
Provide us a link of your forum please. And also did you gave someone your pass from acp, cpanel? Do you have some more admins on your forum?
You should resecure your cpanel account change your password for it. Change your password for myBB, and all your others scripts, something different to each.
(2011-03-13, 02:53 PM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he got access to my cPanel, otherwise more damage would've occurred. Nothing was wrong - only my index.php, which I easily replaced.

He could be a whitehat.
Pages: 1 2