MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GamerzMarket | Where Gamers Sell!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum Name
GamerzMartket
Forum Description
A place where people who play PC games, and even console games, can sell their items, accounts, or just generally talk. If you wish to see examples, someone might have an item of sorts, rare, and expensive in game. You do not have the in-game currency, but you do have the real life currency, you can exchange the item for the money, and even acquire your own in-game money!

Author's Notes
I really wish to dedicate myself to this site. I've thought over not wasting my money on the domain, and to start promoting it. I've already started on Forum Promotion to get started, and I guess I could try here.

Things to Come
Contests - When I reach 100 members, I will hold a referral contest. I will decide a reward, most likely a cash prize/gift for a game.
Example: You get the most referrals and get a game that's under $10 on Steam. Big Grin. I will hold contests for Member of the Month, Thread of the Week, etc.

Forum Statistics
Look at my signature!
Please give me back your feedback, improvements, etc.
Way too early to start advertising. You need content.

Think of it like a store.. If you walk into Walmart, and all of the shelves are empty, except one shelf has 4 items on it (the total amount of posts on your forum), are you even going to bother going in to look at them? And if you don't go in, then no one else will go in, meaning no traffic at all. Meaning no content at all.

You need to add good, quality threads before advertising. I suggest paying someone to post, or get some close friends to post. You could even do it yourself, make several accounts and have conversations with yourself.
(2011-03-14, 12:19 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]Way too early to start advertising. You need content.

Think of it like a store.. If you walk into Walmart, and all of the shelves are empty, except one shelf has 4 items on it (the total amount of posts on your forum), are you even going to bother going in to look at them? And if you don't go in, then no one else will go in, meaning no traffic at all. Meaning no content at all.

You need to add good, quality threads before advertising. I suggest paying someone to post, or get some close friends to post. You could even do it yourself, make several accounts and have conversations with yourself.

Pay2Post leads to ultimate failure in the end. I'm going to mass advertise on MSN, later.
(2011-03-14, 12:36 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-14, 12:19 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]Way too early to start advertising. You need content.

Pay2Post leads to ultimate failure in the end. I'm going to mass advertise on MSN, later.

Mass advertise all you want. I guarantee you that it'll just piss people off on your MSN contacts. Even if people do check it out, they will not join because of no content. I'd even bet on that.

You posted this for advice, and I'm trying to help you. In the end, spamming your URL all around is just going to make you look desperate, and having no content will make your forum ultimately fail in the end.

Paid posts do not fail, as long as they're quality posts. It's much better than having nothing at all.
(2011-03-14, 12:46 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-14, 12:36 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]

Mass advertise all you want. I guarantee you that it'll just piss people off on your MSN contacts. Even if people do check it out, they will not join because of no content. I'd even bet on that.

You posted this for advice, and I'm trying to help you. In the end, spamming your URL all around is just going to make you look desperate, and having no content will make your forum ultimately fail in the end.

Paid posts do not fail, as long as they're quality posts. It's much better than having nothing at all.

I'm looking to hire for Paid posts but people complain about me not paying in PayPal. But I'm going to ask close friends to help post some things.
Bump, I've gotten content now, and more members are joining, some are active too Toungue.
Definitely needs more content - mass advertising an empty website will not get you anywhere.
By the way gaming is a difficult niche if you're not specific to genre or title.
(2011-03-17, 05:45 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely needs more content - mass advertising an empty website will get you no where.

This is the only place I have it becuase FP, which I don't pay attention to.
More content and users as people have said, but also your theme doesn't need to be that wide. Slim it down so it doesn't have a horizontal scrollbar, makes it look crappier.
(2011-03-17, 05:51 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]More content and users as people have said, but also your theme doesn't need to be that wide. Slim it down so it doesn't have a horizontal scrollbar, makes it look crappier.

It doesn't have a horizontal on my screen. But I adjusted the #container to a fluid width.