MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: not allow URLs in "homepage" of the member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, how do I disallow users to add homepage URL to their profiles?
I found it for signatures, but do not see that stuff for homepage field
thanks
It needs plugin or some files edits.
What else should be in the "homepage" field if not a URL Huh
If you don't want links, better disable that field altogether.
Not to mention that people will always find ways to abuse their way around it.

Such as using:
user(AT)domain(DOT)com nomenclature, or other such things.

But as linguist pointed out, URLs is what that field is designed for.
In the usercp_profile template, find and remove:
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->website_url}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="website" size="25" maxlength="75" value="{$user['website']}" /></td>
</tr>

In the member_profile template, find and remove:
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->homepage}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1">{$website}</td>
</tr>
(2011-03-14, 02:39 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want links, better disable that field altogether.
Thats what I want to do.

(2011-03-14, 03:13 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention that people will always find ways to abuse their way around it.

Such as using:
user(AT)domain(DOT)com nomenclature, or other such things.

I don't mind stuff live that as long as it is not live url.

Ps: it looks that not everybody understood that I want to cut spammers. So far they put their live url in signature and homepage. I managed signature, now time for homepage.

PPs: is there any other places where they can put theur live urls? Except forum posts of course.
(2011-03-14, 07:08 PM)mybbfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-14, 02:39 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want links, better disable that field altogether.
Thats what I want to do.

Then do as I suggested above. Smile
(2011-03-14, 08:05 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
Thats what I want to do.

Thanks. I will. Just to be sure - what will happen after I remove those lines? Homepage filed will be gone and thats it?
(2011-03-14, 08:55 PM)mybbfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-14, 08:05 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
Thats what I want to do.

Thanks. I will. Just to be sure - what will happen after I remove those lines? Homepage filed will be gone and thats it?

That removes the URL of their site from their postbit and profile page. But you can disable signatures so they can't do it there, for a certain usergroup. And if they get a certain amount of posts you can go ahead and do a post to promote.
(2011-03-14, 08:55 PM)mybbfan Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I will. Just to be sure - what will happen after I remove those lines? Homepage filed will be gone and thats it?

It removes it from the User CP - so they can't enter a homepage/website in the first place and also removes it from their profile so there's no blank field.

Not much point in removing it from the postbit if they can't enter it anyway as it only shows if they've entered something.