MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: urgent ! - How to stop Spys by registrating a new accont ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, Folks !

I am happy with MyBB so fare.... as used for p-forum.org

We have one single problem... as this forum shall be a "closed forum" only visible to registrated members, actually we dont know the configurations to make the whole forum blind for new registrants whose new account yet is not confirmed by an admin....

We have set the configurations, that every new registrant needs to be confirmed by an admin manually, so fare so good...

But a registrant already can move around inside the forum, yet not confirmed. We want avoid this "hole". Because already we experienced on last weekend a cyberattack by a banned user.... he came in two different times with two new accounts...
Even we didnt gave him membership permission by an admin, he had the chance to cruise around in the forum, spy out postings etc. ... as he wanted to find some negative informations/talks about his person to use it bringing us front court... really a weekend full of troubles, no more pls ...

The target now is: a user earlierst can have a "look inside the forum", after he was confirmed by an admin, who has the chance to proof the IP addresses, fake names or email addresses....

how to do ???? - Pls help asap !!! Tks...
What mybb are you using 1.5 1.6 or 1.6.1?

Best way do stop it is

Limt the IPs to 1
Ban the IP in your host/acp
Block his user name @ email
oh and block proxy
(2011-03-14, 05:27 PM)koolace55 Wrote: [ -> ]What mybb are you using 1.5 1.6 or 1.6.1?

Version 1.6.2

(2011-03-14, 05:27 PM)koolace55 Wrote: [ -> ]Best way do stop it is

Limt the IPs to 1

dont understand, what you want say. We dont talk about a ban here... The case of last weekend is handled well. we banned that bad user by email-address + by IP address...

But for the future !!!!!!

I dont want ban a new user... why ? I want have the chance, to proof the new user who registrated a new account 1st....

The things is: I want stop, that a new user who just registrated, but yet not confirmed by an admin, shall have no chance to surf inside the forum...

That's all what I want... I just did a test with registrating an account... I had not to wait, till an admin legitimated my new registration.... I was able to surf inside the forum without the chance for new postings... So it shall not be...

A new user has to wait for his first surfing in side the forum, till he gets an email notice by an admin.. you understand ? - Sorry, my English maybe is not good enough to explcain clearly... Or ?

(2011-03-14, 05:36 PM)P-Forum 2010 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-14, 05:27 PM)koolace55 Wrote: [ -> ]What mybb are you using 1.5 1.6 or 1.6.1?

Version 1.6.2

(2011-03-14, 05:27 PM)koolace55 Wrote: [ -> ]Best way do stop it is

Limt the IPs to 1

dont understand, what you want say. We dont talk about a ban here... The case of last weekend is handled well. we banned that bad user by email-address + by IP address...

But for the future !!!!!!

I dont want ban a new user... why ? I want have the chance, to proof the new user who registrated a new account 1st....

The things is: I want stop, that a new user who just registrated, but yet not confirmed by an admin, shall have no chance to surf inside the forum...

That's all what I want... I just did a test with registrating an account... I had not to wait, till an admin legitimated my new registration.... I was able to surf inside the forum without the chance for new postings... So it shall not be...

A new user has to wait for his first surfing in side the forum, till he gets an email notice by an admin.. you understand ? - Sorry, my English maybe is not good enough to explcain clearly... Or ?

I wen to your site as a Guest and I can see the forums...

Well set the settings for the awaiting atv to can't do anything
(2011-03-14, 05:40 PM)koolace55 Wrote: [ -> ]I wen to your site as a Guest and I can see the forums...

Well set the settings for the awaiting atv to can't do anything

Where to find these settings ? - Before I came here to post my problem, of course I went through all settings.... but didnt find the right button :-(

Only did this setting:
[Image: Activation-1.gif]

Can you give me the directory ? - Or a link to re-read this ? Tks in advance.

(2011-03-14, 05:44 PM)P-Forum 2010 Wrote: [ -> ]Where to find these settings ? - Before I came here to post my problem, of course I went through all settings.... but didnt find the right button :-(

Enclosed as PDF, I give you my user settings...