MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merged sql database from other forum into mine...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I merged a forums user base and posts into mine, because the owner agreed to merge his forum into mine. It for some reason was a long process, but it eventually uploaded. This is my first time doing this, and I was just wandering why I can't view threads that were made on the other forum.

I receive this error message:
[Image: 34etfyb.png]

I have the Google SEO mod activated on my forum, the other one did not but I don't think that would make a difference would it?

Appreciate the help in advance, if you need more information ask me and I'll hopefully be able to give it.

-Crayo

Edit: The site is http://marketforums.org
Maybe the categories don't exist in the correct order?
(2011-03-14, 11:02 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the categories don't exist in the correct order?

What do you mean?

Have I made a rookie mistake by moving the threads from the other forums category's into the already made Market Forum ones? I liked my layout/order so I simply moved the content into that. Even in the correct category's though before I still received the message.

Thanks for the reply Lith Heart
For example, the thread you're going into is in a category ID that does not exist on your forum, therefore it shows up as a 404.
(2011-03-14, 11:07 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]For example, the thread you're going into is in a category ID that does not exist on your forum, therefore it shows up as a 404.

Could be something like that, how would I go around fixing that or investigating it?
I would suppose adding the category that corresponds with the ID + name of it.
(2011-03-14, 11:24 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]I would suppose adding the category that corresponds with the ID + name of it.

But I've seen multiple merges not need this. I own another forum which was merged with another, but I didn't perform it. But all of the other forums threads work completely fine.
Weird, D: I'm going to go play MW2, because I need a break from the net x.x
Alright no worries. Hope someone can help.
Can anyone help?
I don't know exactly Google SEO works but maybe it generates the Google SEO style URL when the thread is created, so it doesn't have a URL for that thread.
Pages: 1 2