MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Error while Merging from PHPBB 3.0.8 to MyBB 1.6.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=21953]

Got this error right now while trying to merge systems. Any ideas on how to remedy it?
[attachment=21954]ugh - now it's hung up on attachments - can someone edit the thread title to include multiple issues?

got attachment permissions right. never trust an ftp client. always use ssh
Resolved. Thanks.
ACTUALLY, it said attachments merged over OK but none of them show up. New MyBB forum (tegutalk.com) shows links and names for blank attachments...
The attachments are a known issue facing all boards. I've not found the cause yet, but I'm starting to suspect cURL may play a part in it. I suspect this because my server where attachments worked for me did not have cURL installed. My new server which has cURL installed failed to import attachments. Now it may or may not be cURL causing it, but I'm still looking into it.
Wow. Bummer.
I'm also having an issue where some old users are now "guests" with userid "0" - are there any known issues with this merge package that effect users not being successfully moved over? I feel like these known issues should be more heavily publicized...
The known issues are all publicized. However, no there aren't any outstanding issues with phpBB3 members.
I meant that it may be a good idea to list HERE where it casually mentions that merge is in beta.
We're not going to bother Tim to update a static page every time a new bug is found. Thats why we have a bug tracker. Though perhaps having the words "Known Issues" on that page as a link to the tracker may be a good idea, as I did in the post above. I'll see what Tim thinks.