MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my forum is moved on domain like example.com/forum

I ve configured cookies and everything is fine

Now the prob is i want to purchase a .org domain

So i ve 1st tryed .tk redirection and got domain like example.tk to reddirect to example.com/forum

But when i change board url in ACP whole site cant load when i go to example.tk

Any idea how to fix it??? also will i be able to submit to SEO redirected .org domain???
You need to have the .ORG and the name sever set to your host. But before you do that fix your setting in acp.
(2011-03-15, 12:33 AM)koolace55 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to have the .ORG and the name sever set to your host. But before you do that fix your setting in acp.

You sure if i change "board url" to example.org it will work and load well ???
bought .org domain,forwarded it to example.com/forum and in ACP i ve made board url to forum.org and it wont load well... any idea how to fix it?
If you own the .ORG get your host Name sever then edit all the stuff in ACP.
Say your doamin is

yourdoamin.hostingsubname.com

When you update your name sevr and the things in the mybb acp you should be good... Don't forget to add it on your hosting as well then your doamin would be yourdoamin.net
You only needed to make one thread.

If you are redirecting the .org domain to the .com domain, why would you make the board url example.org? You would keep it as example.com/forum... see if that works.
(2011-03-15, 08:29 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]You only needed to make one thread.

If you are redirecting the .org domain to the .com domain, why would you make the board url example.org? You would keep it as example.com/forum... see if that works.

I ve redirected url,and when i go to ACP and change board url,whole site wont load only like 30-40%.. anyone know how to fix it?
Post your forum url, anyway, did you change the setting to the right and the nameservers? I think you only forwarded it in your forum not point or parked.s