MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam email from Recheal Udoma?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I doubt that I am the only one to get this email message:

Hello
My name is Rachael,
i saw your profile at the(community.mybb.com) today and became interested in you .Here is my email address ([email protected]) so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am i believe we can move from here!
(Remember that age, distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
I will be happy to seeing a good responds from you
Thanks and remain blessed.([email protected] )
Your's in love Rachael,

This isn't the forum but I think bevermind him.her.
OMG I SWEAR I GOT THE EXACTLY SAME PM Confused
Only solution: Delete those spam emails/pms. There is no concrete way to "stop" spam.
(2011-03-15, 11:55 AM)lil-wayneee Wrote: [ -> ]OMG I SWEAR I GOT THE EXACTLY SAME PM Confused

And I thought she only loved me. Undecided
Does this happen on your forums or here??
If you got that message on here, just report it to staff and it'll be banned.
I'm sorry for you. It seems that currently a bot is searching the forums for MSN email addresses and then sends spam mails. I got this message today also.
(2011-03-15, 04:21 PM)Michael Malin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry for you. It seems that currently a bot is searching the forums for MSN email addresses and then sends spam mails. I got this message today also.

It came to me on my southernskater.com email address.
I don't understand how they get my email address. When I go to my profile 9or someone else's) and click "send an email to xxxxx" I get this message:
----------------------------------------
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Reserector'
Your email address is visible in the footer of your forum.
I moved this back to the public forum as a lot of people seem to have experienced this.

Sending emails to users is disabled here and there are no messages in the email log so the only way they could have gotten your email is if you published it publicly somewhere. Perhaps you posted it somewhere either here or on your site and they got your site by clicking a link here.

For example if I search "site:community.mybb.com @hotmail.com" in google I get quite a few results so this could explain how they are finding people.
Pages: 1 2