MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My MBB Forum Hacked And My User Admin Got Deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

My MBB forum is hacked , and I dont know what bug it had.
I had mybb version 1.6.1 ?
How it got hacked , what bug to remove ,what to do ?
HOW TO GET BACK MY USER THAT IS ADMIN , how to get back my account back , tell me the bug links ...
I'am very very nervous , please tell me about this.
Can you go into phpMyAdmin and create a new user in the mybb_users table manually, and give it the usergroup 4? Or is there another Administrator account that can make you an admin again?

As for the being hacked, you should always upgrade when theres a new version because the new versions patch security issues they find.
(2011-03-15, 02:42 PM)Pixovee Wrote: [ -> ]Can you go into phpMyAdmin and create a new user in the mybb_users table manually, and give it the usergroup 4? Or is there another Administrator account that can make you an admin again?

As for the being hacked, you should always upgrade when theres a new version because the new versions patch security issues they find.
Then edit config.php and find
$config['super_admins'] = '1'; and change 1 to whatever your new admin is so that it cant be deleted without either CPanel or FTP access
(2011-03-15, 02:42 PM)Pixovee Wrote: [ -> ]Can you go into phpMyAdmin and create a new user in the mybb_users table manually, and give it the usergroup 4? Or is there another Administrator account that can make you an admin again?

Plus backup your forum, always.
Do you have a backup?
And you have always to update your forum to the newest release of MyBB, nearly each update fixes security issues.
ITS 1.6.2 VERSION , AND I STILL GET DEFACE:@
MyBB is likely not at fault here, check the server logs. Does it say if someone edited a file and their IP??
Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification
Are any files changed? Do you have access to the server logs?
They'll most likely have left a back door file or they're getting in another way, make sure there's no files in your file system that shouldn't be there.
Maybe your computer is infected?
Pages: 1 2