MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum's clock is way off.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched the older posts and found that the servers clock may need sync'd to the forum in order to show the right time....considering my offset is correct. After getting the server's support tech's checking that..... the server is in fact correct with the forum.....but it displays some 5 hours behind on the index page. Any ideas on why this is? I am lost at this point.
http://www.dedduck.com/forum/
If your timezone is correct (in your User CP Options, the ACP setting won't affect you if you change it), then the issue is with the server, MyBB just uses the standard PHP functions for date and time which use the server time.
I have no idea why..... 3 different techs for the hosting company checked and verified the server is sync's with the forum... I am lost.... it just keeps showing about 5 hours behind. I live in Central Standard Time....and offset it GMT -5:00. The server tech's checked it and set it to GMT -4:00 according to the servers actual physical location...only 1 timezone away. Still shows roughly 4-5 hours behind.
Create a file called date.php or something on your server and put this in it:

<?php
echo date("l jS F Y, H:i:s");
?>

Run it in your browser, what does it say??
Problem solved.... as I scanned your reply more closely.... I noticed
Quote:User CP Options

I am trying to fix this and it is not broke..... can I make MY timezone standard for the entire forum? Most viewers are within a couple hours of this and not the default.... some 5 or 6 hours off.
Changing the ACP setting will set it for guests and will be the value new users have, if you want to change the timezone of current members, run this SQL query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `timezone` = '5';

The 5 is the timezone you want to set them to.