MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think a setting for allowing group PM's should be added, it makes it easier to message a large staff base with ease instead of PMing them individually. Comments?
There's a multi-sending function, but I would just use a chat-function, like IRC.
I tell group leaders to add their group members to the buddy list, and then 'Select from buddy list' while sending out PM's. This feature was proposed to me and that's what I said.
>>Mass Mailing in ACP
Actually this would be a nice plugin.
No need to have it as a plugin as there is already the mass mail feature and you can choose to either send via email or pm.
I was actually just disappointed that it isn't possible to send a PM to a group as there are groups that have a need for internal messaging.

An alternative solution that I just thought about would be to give a group their own forum that is only available for them and then simply let members know to subscribe – in the other hand I've for long wondered why private messages are designed unlike the generic forum structure. What I mean with this is that a private message could be a private thread where sender of the PM controls who has the rights to see the PM thread (and possibly give the control rights to some of the receivers). In general the design could be very much the same as with regular threads, meaning it could even save in amount of templates required.
Mass mail lets you send PMs, so ...

If you're having back-and-forth conversation, use a forum, not PM.
(2011-03-16, 02:42 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]>>Mass Mailing in ACP

For non-admin users who need to get a point across to a big team can use the mass mail feature...
Pages: 1 2