MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guru Needed - Merge phpBB -> MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive just taken over a medium sized forum and its running phpBB3x. The software seems ok but after 48hrs i can see the lack of support is a huge downside for me. I feel way more comfy in here Smile

Basically....I have no skills so i need experts, Gurus, to do things for me. I do what i do best and I pay the experts to do what they do best. Its a win-win for us both.

So what im after initially is a Guru that can change my forum from phpBB to MyBB in a professional, timely manner.

He would need to make sure that anything needing to be done, is done. If a logo needs resizing, or centered or something like that...then he needs to be able to do so. This will lead to an ongoing relationship where, when i need an upgrade, have an issue or need something fixed, its simply an email to the same person each time.

Just in case it is important, the forum stats are
Total posts 143611 | Total topics 4716 | Total members 3987 |

The person will need a PROVEN track record and good reputation. You can achieve that by your stats in here, otherwise you will have to show some examples of work and provide references that i can check. Preference will be given to people that have high feedback and ratings in this forum.

There is no huge rush, but im hoping to start work in a few days.

Payment will be made on agreed terms, via Paypal.

Could interested person please send info via PM, advise anything i need to know and "estimate" of costs. I realise a firm cost is probably hard to quote until the full scope of the work is known.

One major concern is that i enjoy huge serps and rankings in the niche and nothing must be done to compromise this.

I also need to know anything that I would have to do. Does the merge do everything, or would i need to go through changing permissions, user groups, anything like that??

Being based in Australia and the time zones, replies may be a bit slow.

Cheers,
Snooks.
Would the "guru" have to convert the theme as well? Or do you just want all the data transfered?
pm sent
@Pyridine

The Guru (LOL) would have to convert everything, theme included or replace with a very similar theme if thats easier. I just want it to work as it is now, but in MyBB, so whatever has to be done, including theme changes if thats needed.

Thanks for the question and also all PM's that have been sent.

(Off to bed, back 18hrs)
Well that would cost a lot more, theme conversion services range between $30 - $50 alone.
I'd be willing to do it if you consider me trusted enough. At least the data merge, not sure about the theme until I can see it.
(2011-03-16, 11:05 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Well that would cost a lot more, theme conversion services range between $30 - $50 alone.

I understand that, hence ny statement
Quote:advise anything i need to know and "estimate" of costs. I realise a firm cost is probably hard to quote until the full scope of the work is known.

@Dialatic
I appreciate the offer, please dont be offended but i feel i need a different person.

Thanks Smile

Mind sending me the URL in a PM? I can absolutely do the data transfer, and I'm pretty confident about the theme, but I'd be more comfortable if I could see it first.
@Pyradine - PM has been sent Smile

Moderators, - Could you please close this thread as i have more than enough people to discuss the specs with. Thank you Smile