MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Digital Freeway, affordable hosting starting at $10 a month and free hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am the owner of The Digital Freeway, http://www.thedigitalfreeway.com. Our forums which are proudly powered by MyBB can be found at http://forums.thedigitafreeway.com . We at The Digital Freeway offer professional hosting at affordable prices starting at just $10. The $10 package provides 5GB disk space and 15GB monthly bandwidth and we provide up to 25GB of hosting space. We also offer free ad supported hosting with 35MB disk space and 5GB monthlly bandwidth. All accounts are activated instantly (and in the paid accounts cases, they are activated instantly once payment is received) and come with the latest version of cPanel. Our servers and their internet connection are blazing fast so you never have to worry about your site lagging. In addition, we have multiple methods of support and all our support staff are very knowladgeble. Check us out today!
CreateMyBB and surrounding sites are PROUDLY hosted by dedicated servers at TheDigitalFreeway. This is by far the best host I have used in a while, keep up the good work!
It's good, but if you want cheaper, yet still better hosting, use freepgs. The cheapest plan is $3, which has 3gb of bandwidth a day, 100mb storage space, all plans have unlimited mysql databases, there is no ads, php, custom error documents, ftp, and thats just the first plan... The most expensive plan is $40, it has $1200Mb Storage, 15GB bandwidth a day, unlimited my-sql databases, php, ftp, custom error documents, etc, etc, etc! (NOTE: I don't work for them or anything, but I am a customer)

Anyway, it's a good hosting service, well done Smile
Here is a rating:

+2 Prices are fairly cheap
+4 Has my-sql and php
-1 Limited number of databases
+3 Has a fair amount of Space and Bandwidth
+1 Has a free plan

Overall:
9/10
Very Good!

Congratulations Smile
-Jaiden
Any host that offers unlimited dabatases is asking for trouble, mainly because MySQL itself is limited to a certain number of connections, so that means it's very likely that host will suffer from too many connections and MySQL will constantly become unavailible, anywho thanks for the great review, I appreciate it Smile
TheDigitalFreeway Wrote:Any host that offers unlimited dabatases is asking for trouble, mainly because MySQL itself is limited to a certain number of connections, so that means it's very likely that host will suffer from too many connections and MySQL will constantly become unavailible, anywho thanks for the great review, I appreciate it Smile

I have to dissagre, check my site at www.neopian-hosting.com/~coolguy/forumz and http://p2p.neopian-hosting.com , there is no problem with those sites.
Still, if you got many on the same host I would see it, although probably most would use at max 10 databases, an normal user would probably only use 1.
Then consider yourself lucky Wink Smile ...MySQL does have a limit of the number of connections it can have going at any one time, and with there being no limit to the number of databases clients can make in a shared hosting environment there's going to be times when the max concurent connections is hit and MySQL becomes unavailible (and resullts in a Too many connections error and the connection to the MySQL server fails until someone disconnects from the server), and these times are going to be much more frequent when a host doesn't limit the number of databases their clients can use compared to when a host does limit the number of databases their cients can use...there have been many cases of this posted at webhostingtalk.com...no good can ever come from a host offering unlimited MySQL databases...and I don't mean to slander the above mentioned host, I'm sure they're great...just trying to point out an issue that can and very likely will eventually arrise because of the unlimited MySQL database offer that host provides
TheDigitalFreeway Wrote:Then consider yourself lucky Wink Smile ...MySQL does have a limit of the number of connections it can have going at any one time, and with there being no limit to the number of databases clients can make in a shared hosting environment there's going to be times when the max concurent connections is hit and MySQL becomes unavailible (and resullts in a Too many connections error and the connection to the MySQL server fails until someone disconnects from the server), and these times are going to be much more frequent when a host doesn't limit the number of databases their clients can use compared to when a host does limit the number of databases their cients can use...there have been many cases of this posted at webhostingtalk.com...no good can ever come from a host offering unlimited MySQL databases...and I don't mean to slander the above mentioned host, I'm sure they're great...just trying to point out an issue that can and very likely will eventually arrise because of the unlimited MySQL database offer that host provides
Let's see... I am hosted (currently) by a free gaming site host, and they offer "unlimited" everything... We have had constant problems with them, as well as MySQL too many connections errors several times (and several other errors), and usually, the sites run quite slow. I'm leaving them soon (we were offered to get hosted for free on this person's server) - but I thought I should share my experiences Wink

Oh and by the way, The Digital Freeway's website was built by me Big Grin (and their client center skinned by me)
Haha, so you see? I was right :p lol
Oh and btw, our MyBB forums are now found instead of at http://forums.thedigitalfreeway.com at http://tdf.createmybb.com/
Pages: 1 2