MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade/fresh install fails - white screen only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

some time ago I tried to upgrade my boards from 1.4 to 1.6, I did it by the book and as a result I got a blank white page. Just a white page with nothing for a page source. The AdminCP was also a blank white page.

Today I made a fresh and clean test installation with a new and empty database, also by the book - all went splendid but upon completion I have white pages again. Nothing there. I looked through FAQ but nothing there applies to my case, also my PHP Version is 5.2.6. So I am very greatful for any hints. Thank you. My test installation can be reached here.

edit: link corrected

KTA
I get a 500 Internal Server error, I don't think having a . in the subdomain like that is going to work...
Sure, thank you. I corrected that, but it is not making any difference, I still get only a white page.
New link.

KTA
Quote:HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Getting a 500 error here as well.
Yeah, I'm getting 500 errors as well. Is it only the forum that gets a 500 error? If your entire site gets a 500 error, contact your host.
No, it is only the fresh installation of mybb 1.6 (and the update I tried before), all other services on the same machine as well as the version 1.4 are running smooth and perfect. Thats what confuses me.

KTA