MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Uploader - Forgot password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I am the only super admin for my forum... And I forgot what I used for my password when I installed the plugin uploader. I would just go to the support at Matt's site... but its down.

So if someone could tell me how to reset it, or how to change it within the database, please do.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-44380.html

UPDATE mybb_users SET password = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1'

Thats if your user ID is one. That will reset your password.
This is a different password, the plugin uploader has it's own password for added security.

It's a similar query though, run this:

UPDATE `mybb_pluginuploader` SET `files` = '0e2eced896c9c8ba9bb0bdc678f19c53', `version` = '6iEMPlPpFv' WHERE `name` = '_password';

Then the password will be test and you can change it with the 'Change password' link in the Plugin Uploader.
Thanks a lot Matt! Your a god! Big Grin
Matt,

I am experiencing a gremlin on upgrading to mybb 2.1.6., today: my password is not being recognised.

So presumably I can use that PHP command to solve my problem.

Could that line just be temporarily inserted at the bottom of the root index.php file and be executed in that way?

Geoff
(2011-12-02, 05:29 PM)gs-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Matt,

I am experiencing a gremlin on upgrading to mybb 2.1.6., today: my password is not being recognised.

So presumably I can use that PHP command to solve my problem.

Could that line just be temporarily inserted at the bottom of the root index.php file and be executed in that way?

Geoff

No, you've to run it in PHPMyAdmin. You can access to that page in > Your cPanel (Hosting control panel) > Databases Management > Phpmyadmin
Hi Yaldaram,

Thanks, I've now done that. But it does look as though there is a deeper issue with Plugin Uploader and mybb 2.1.6, because even though it appeared to re-install properly, it still came back with an incorrect password message.

Geoff
As said in the other thread you made, first off I really do not know where you have got 2.1.6 from, but if the query does not work then you're doing something wrong.
Sorry about sowing confusion and bringing the money markets down. Undecided

Version 1.6.5 is what I upgraded to.

I just installed mybb for the first time a week ago. And it suits my needs much more than PHPBB3.

I will get going with a re-installation.

Geoff