MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some sort of "MOTM" plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did search around for something similar, but I can't find anything. I'm looking for a plugin which will have a user in one group of your choice for a period of time (in my case, member of the month) and will automatically taken back to his original group after the period is over.

Apologies if my searching wasn't good enough, I'm pretty tired though Toungue
> Add member to group
> Remove from group x days later
(2011-03-17, 08:57 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]> Add member to group
> Remove from group x days later

Amazing release Uncontrol, i can't wait to see more of your plugins Toungue.

BTW When is common sense beta coming out? Seems a lot of members need it.
You may do this using "Promotion System"
(2011-03-17, 09:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing release Uncontrol, i can't wait to see more of your plugins Toungue.

I can see you're a apricot. Like I said I'm tired and didn't see that ACP usage.

From what I can see Aristotle, your site "ragewars" was defaced. Unless you're simply advertising a deface, which would be moronic. So maybe you should install the common sense plugin?
(2011-03-17, 10:01 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-17, 09:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing release Uncontrol, i can't wait to see more of your plugins Toungue.

I can see you're a apricot. Like I said I'm tired and didn't see that ACP usage.

From what I can see Aristotle, your site "ragewars" was defaced. Unless you're simply advertising a deface, which would be moronic. So maybe you should install the common sense plugin?

To lazy to do so. Not hosted on my server either, nor is it my domain. But i don't really mind. Backlinks are backlinks.

Edit: You have multiple groups already, but you didn't know you could?
(2011-03-18, 12:02 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]To lazy to do so. Not hosted on my server either, nor is it my domain. But i don't really mind. Backlinks are backlinks.

Edit: You have multiple groups already, but you didn't know you could?

Then it looks like both of us are sloppy. Like I said I'm ridiculously tired, and I've not set a group where you set the time etc. I remember vaguely of the "VIP" plugin which set subscribers in their group for a set period of time, and since the "MOTM" competition is so popular, I assumed there would be a plugin for it aswell. You shouldn't be so sarcastic in the future, Aristotle.
(2011-03-17, 09:03 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]BTW When is common sense beta coming out? Seems a lot of members need it.

For real. Dude, you're a board admin, you can't bother to change a user's usergroup once per month?

There are better ways for plugin devs to spend their time than this. Of course if you're going to pay someone to do it I am sure they will. A MOTM plugin isn't worthless in concept but if all it is moving to a usergroup, well then, I don't see the point of it at all.

Also, Anxiety, you should probably stop telling people off for no real reason other than someone dared to criticize your evidently ill-thought out idea.
I would just use my hands rather than use a disk space wasting script. Unless it has completely advanced options, like it has the ability to go through a poll, and then pick the winner for MOTM, and move them into the group/give them whatever, then it seems quite useless.
Next plugin request: Automatic Moderation
Pages: 1 2