MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain Name Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to get a domain name for my site and I have a few questions...

Where is the best place to get my domain from? Is W3 the best spot? Also, once I get my domain, how to I get it on Cpanel?
Best place: NameCheap. W3 is unrelated, I believe. As for CPanel, you add your server's nameservers so that it links to your account.
Thank you Smile So a domain will only be $3.00 a year?

How exactly do you add the servers nameserers? (sorry, im just trying to understand EXACTLY how to do this before I buy the domain because I do not want to mess this up Toungue)
Get a .com from either namecheap.com or name.com (I prefer name.com but its apples and apples)

.info is usually 3.99 first year only. then its like 8 dollars after that. i'd take a .com just because its consistant.
.com is gone for my site... is .net ok?
.com .net .org, all the same really.
(2011-03-18, 04:02 AM)mithokey Wrote: [ -> ].com is gone for my site... is .net ok?

Depends on what your forum is about. e.g. If you've something related to business then .biz would be best suited, if its about an organisation then .org would be best suited etc.
(2011-03-18, 05:56 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-18, 04:02 AM)mithokey Wrote: [ -> ].com is gone for my site... is .net ok?

Depends on what your forum is about. e.g. If you've something related to business then .biz would be best suited, if its about an organisation then .org would be best suited etc.

The reason for choosing a domain other than the non-common domains like .biz, .tv, etc. has dwindled. By this, I mean using .com for a company and .net for a network doesn't matter. It's whatever looks good IMO. Oh, and what's not taken. Big Grin
(2011-03-18, 06:48 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-18, 05:56 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]

The reason for choosing a domain other than the non-common domains like .biz, .tv, etc. has dwindled. By this, I mean using .com for a company and .net for a network doesn't matter. It's whatever looks good IMO. Oh, and what's not taken. Big Grin

.com was commerical :p
wonder how this comes under mybb 1.6 general support Toungue
Pages: 1 2