MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot allocate memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello..

I always have this kind of error in my cPannel error log webhost..

(12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/name/public_html/board/error.php, referer: http://forum.domain.com/

Anyone know what caused this error and what is the solution?
If i change my webhost, will I face the same problem again?
I am in a shared host, does this means that i need to move to VPS?

Please advice..

Thank you
Either your forum is too busy for shared hosting or the shared host has a sub-standard set-up.
How to tell the difference?
Is your forum busy, ~ how many on line at a time?
The most users online at one time was 19 on 12 Mar 2011 at 12:45

that is the max user...

I suspect this is because of the memory of my webhost..

And according to phpinfo, the mem_limit is only 64 m
64 MB is pretty low.

Try requesting them to raise it higher, if they don't, you're going to need a new host.
hmm..

Normally, for a paid webhost, what is the number of the memory limit?
That would have to depend, the last shared host I was using I believe I had about 512.

The host was kind enough to "up" it for me to 1024 when I requested. But not all hosts will do that.
(2011-03-18, 06:59 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]The host was kind enough to "up" it for me to 1024 when I requested....

Way, way, way above average, are they stable and still in business? Smile

(2011-03-18, 04:33 PM)szeto Wrote: [ -> ]The most users online at one time was 19 on 12 Mar 2011 at 12:45

that is the max user...

I suspect this is because of the memory of my webhost..

And according to phpinfo, the mem_limit is only 64 m

Only 64MB? Toungue
A MyBB test site w/ ~80 plugins uses only ~17.5MB.
64MB is more than enough memory.

#

The most users online at one time was 19...

Lightbulb
Let's look at the actual error message:
...memory... ...couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp

Quote:suPHP is a tool for executing PHP scripts with the permissions of their owners. It consists of an Apache module (mod_suphp) and a setuid root binary (suphp) that is called by the Apache module to change the uid of the process executing the PHP interpreter.
~source
  • IMO, tell your host "suphp is not configured properly", and my site is getting this error message "_ _ _"

FYI: suPHP is a security related PHP mod and they might not have set it up correctly.

(2011-03-18, 11:09 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Way, way, way above average, are they stable and still in business? Smile

Yes sir, they are.
Perhaps try my company, http://polar-host.com/