MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gamers Lagoon - Custom theme, brand new gaming site! Competitions monthly!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey MyBB,

I have just launched my new site powered by MyBB called GamersLagoon. This site is based around general gaming with great competitions monthly, as we get more members bigger prizes will be given out.

So I am mainly here to ask for your opinions on the theme in general, I will start advertising soon, i know there isn't much content so don't moan about that, RSS Feeds take up alot so we need users to balance it.

I am hiring paid posters, but i would love some active friendly users as well. Currently there are no staff positions available, though in time i am sure to advertise on GamersLagoon for staff spots, being active, helpful will help you get to that position if you want it.

Links

Hiring Posters: http://community.mybb.com/thread-90215.html
Forum URL: http://gamerslagoon.com

As i said before can you please rate the theme and feel free to register and discuss.

Credits, thanks to Andraz Rihtar for the theme, me for posting and setting stuff up, Andrew a friend of mine with the idea.
Definitely a nice theme though the logo should match the forum icons (you're using the mushroom from Mario for your forum icon, why not use another character from Mario in your logo as well?)
I disagree, I dislike the theme.

It's very bland and uncreative.
It gives me a negative vibe and don't want to stay on the forums.
(2011-03-18, 10:43 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree, I dislike the theme.

It's very bland and uncreative.
It gives me a negative vibe and don't want to stay on the forums.

Explain, i don't get how you can get a negative vibe from such a theme
(2011-03-18, 10:37 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely a nice theme though the logo should match the forum icons (you're using the mushroom from Mario for your forum icon, why not use another character from Mario in your logo as well?)

Thanks, i am having a logo competition now anyway
(2011-03-18, 10:59 PM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]Explain, i don't get how you can get a negative vibe from such a theme

It's so bland, that it gives me the impression that it's empty & full of nothing.

All that grey is what's doing it for me. I just can't stand starring it at too long, that's the "negative" feeling I get.

Gaming sites/forums usually have explosive art work in background & banner.

Your forum style seems to be aimed at Graphic/Artistic topic at best.

But really, looking at it is just "Meh".

Thanks for your input, i will talk it over with the designer.
You need more contrast in the theme, it hurts my eyes to read the grey text because your using a color that is in to close of range with the background color(s). Try darkening some elements of the theme.
(2011-03-19, 06:33 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]You need more contrast in the theme, it hurts my eyes to read the grey text because your using a color that is in to close of range with the background color(s). Try darkening some elements of the theme.

Which parts do you find hard to read?
(2011-03-19, 12:24 PM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-19, 06:33 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]You need more contrast in the theme, it hurts my eyes to read the grey text because your using a color that is in to close of range with the background color(s). Try darkening some elements of the theme.

Which parts do you find hard to read?

The menu, and anywhere else that has light grey text against a white bg.
Ok the text has been made darker along with a new background best viewed on a large monitor
Pages: 1 2