MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with Forum Links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I am having an error with my forum where the forums /boards are going to invalid urls that just go to a wordpress url that I have hosted on the main domain. I would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Here is my site simply click on the boards and see what happens. I do have that Google Seo plugin activated.

Apprecaite it
You have to modify your .htaccess file according to the settings. Google SEO has and thorough guide on doing this. It even gives you the code you need to add I believe (if you look at the plugins part [where you activate/deactivate plugins]).
I have just added it and nothing still. Unless the changes take a few minutes.
You need to edit or use the premade inc/functions.php
(2011-03-19, 03:15 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]You need to edit or use the premade inc/functions.php

This too, completely forgot about that.

Like I said, it should all be in the guide that came with (it was pretty comprehensive).
I yeah I used the 1.6 one that was in the folder and changed it to functions.php and replaced the old one. I have another installation of mybb that is working fine and the only thing I did different was manually add all those lines in the code from the text file instructions within the plugin folder.

hmmmm
Maybe it is conflicting with the installation of wordpress on the root cause of Godaddy hosting is famous for compatibility issues between software becasue of the webconfig files. I just deactivated the Google Seo plugin and the forums work fine so something to do with the plugin or Godaddy. Would be nice to get those seo urls though
Do you have any rewrites in the .htaccess file in your root folder for the domain that could be overriding the ones in the MyBB folder?
Well there was a .htaccess file in the root of the domain but I assume that is for the wordpress installation as my forum is installed on /forum folder. Within the /forum folder is another .htaccess.txt file in which I added the changes too.

Update:

It appears the .htaccess in the root is named that. The htaccess within the forum folder is a text file. Could this be the problem?

It appears the .htaccess in the root is named that. The htaccess within the forum folder is a text file. Could this be the problem?
(2011-03-19, 03:38 AM)essej88 Wrote: [ -> ]Well there was a .htaccess file in the root of the domain but I assume that is for the wordpress installation as my forum is installed on /forum folder. Within the /forum folder is another .htaccess.txt file in which I added the changes too.

Update:

I believe you should rename your "htaccess.txt" file to ".htcaccess", but your situation is a little more complicated than usual. Can someone else please confirm this is what needs to be done?

Please be careful and double check what I say, I am a noob.
After rereading I really do think you just need to change the the file to ".htaccess" remember to put the dot.
The htaccess.txt needs to be renamed .htacces in order for google seo to work
Pages: 1 2