MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 501 Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im thinking this might have to do with my clients server but maybe someone can shed some light on whats going on.

Everything on the install works fine...except for one thing. When i go to edit the postbit_classic template i get this error....

501 Method Not Implemented
POST to /forum/admin/index.php not supported.

This hasnt happened on any of the other templates ive been editing. Here are the server specifics.

MyBB Version 1.6.2
PHP Version 5.2.14
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.0.77

Any help?
This is an error with your web server, and isn't anything we can help you with. Please contact your host to get this corrected.
You can see more about http status codes here:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html
And E501 from another site here:
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E501.html

Both of which give good explanations of the problem, though the error itself is pretty descriptive.
Hi joegti,

This looks interesting:
"Fixing 501 errors - general
This error should be very rare in any Web browser...." ~Source

501 errors are very rare, and I've never seen one before.
Simple starting point:
Have you tried a different browser, to see if that also fails?
And it's only when you edit that specific template...?? Because that's even weirder than getting this error in the first place.
(2011-03-19, 11:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And it's only when you edit that specific template...?? Because that's even weirder than getting this error in the first place.

Yea postbit_classic is the only one ive been having the issue with, strange indeed.

I havent run the board testing this in all sorts of browsers but so far the latest FF and IE8 pulls the same error.

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

(2011-03-19, 11:46 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And it's only when you edit that specific template...?? Because that's even weirder than getting this error in the first place.

Exactly right Matt, why just one template. Huh

Check in your server error log to see what's actually triggering it.
I have a few different template sets, it makes the error across all of them, only on the postbit classic template. :/

As far as i read about the 500 error, its a server problem...im not in control of the servers so im not worrying too much about it. If i come to a conclusion ill surely post it here.
(2011-03-19, 07:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Check in your server error log to see what's actually triggering it.

I have no access to the server logs. I was given a FTP account from the client with access to one directory and the username and password to a fresh database. They know about the problem and i have directed them to contact their host about it.

This doesnt seem to affect anything running on the forum other than trying to edit the postbit.

Have you tried changing your view to classic postbit and seeing it you can view the board with it? Just to make sure it doesn't cause issues that way as well.
Asking your host for some server error logs would be good then, we can't do much is we don't know what's even triggering the error.
Pages: 1 2