MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit History
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Replying to this post:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...7#pid56917

I wanted to make a seperate topic as it's really a seperate suggestion, but along the same lines. I'd like to suggest that MyBB include an "edit history" so that Admins/Mods (with appropriate permissions) can view an edited post as it looked before it was edited. It could be displayed as a thread view after clicking the "edit history" link (viewable by those with set persmissions). The thread view would allow admins to view the entire history of the post. If it's been edited 5 times, there'd be 5 posts in the thread view.

Of course, this option should be able to be disabled from the AdminCP, as I'm sure it would add a lot of space to the database so some admins won't want to use it.
do you mean the cache?
skorpion Wrote:do you mean the cache?
No, he means he wants to record a copy of each post each time it has been edited, so that admins can see the original post, and after a mod edited a post, or after the user edited the post. Kind of like how if you go to a Wiki and click on Page History, you can see what people have changed, etc.
This would be cool, however it would take alot more of the database space if many edits.
Oh yeah, I'm sure it would eat up db space if people do a lot of editing. I suppose an "edit history prune" would be needed too.
Galen Wrote:Oh yeah, I'm sure it would eat up db space if people do a lot of editing. I suppose an "edit history prune" would be needed too.

Indeed, and also having a option to disable this for people not wanting this feature. I'd certainly want this though.
Of course. That was in my original suggestion. Choice is always good Smile
This would be a great idea! I'd sure use it!
I've made something that does this a couple of months ago. Try at own risk i would say =P I'm using it for months now, and haven't got any problems with it =) And don't start to nag about the code, if it aint good for you, don't use it ... If you can, try it first on a testboard, so you can see how it works.

[Image: screen_adminpanel.jpg]

Download :: http://thingiej.be/editpostsarchive.rar
That's a nice suggestion and it can be a very useful feature.
Pages: 1 2