MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to edit the avatar description message?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know its in this file:

english/usercp.lang.php

I want to change:

Quote:An avatar is a small identifying image shown under the author's name whenever they make a post.
The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 150x150 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 1 MB.

To:

Quote:An avatar is a small identifying image shown under the author's name whenever they make a post.
Notice: You cannot upload a avatar from your PC, either from our gallery or from a imagehost.
The maximum dimensions for avatars are: 150x150 pixels.
The maximum file size for avatars is 1 MB.

The code:

$l['avatar_note'] = "An avatar is a small identifying image shown under the author's name whenever they make a post.";
$l['avatar_notice'] = "Notice: <strong>You cannot upload a avatar from your PC, either from our gallery or from a imagehost.</strong>";

I added the last line, but I don't know what other file I have to edit to add avatar_notice.

Thanks for your help, also tell me what I have to do in that other file exactly.Big Grin

Forum link
In the usercp_avatar template, find:
{$lang->avatar_note}

Add after:
{$lang->avatar_notice}
don't add the extra line, instead, just replace the following code in line 275

$l['avatar_note'] = "An avatar is a small identifying image shown under the author's name whenever they make a post.";

with

$l['avatar_note'] = "An avatar is a small identifying image shown under the author's name whenever they make a post.<br/>Notice: <strong>You cannot upload a avatar from your PC, either from our gallery or from a imagehost.</strong>"; 

EDIT : Or do as AJS suggested Smile
It worked, thanks AJS and Dimon for both offering your help on this.

SOLVED
No probs, Glad that you problem is solved Smile