MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some members can't login after Merge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've currently merged my SMF2.0 RC5 to MyBB, everything went fine and dandy, apart from passwords.

I've got the Password Converter plug-in installed and active but some members are having problems logging in with either their normal password or reset one.

I'm having to manually set passwords for them, as a few members aren't having a problem at all.

I've searched but can't find a solution.

Also looking at the mybb_users table, the ones I've manually set a password still have the passwordconvert keys, will this affect anything in the log run?

Thanks.
Any response please?

The merger has completely screwed the logins...
The merge system is only verified to work up to RC3 so far. I've not tested RC4 or RC5. If SMF made any password encryption changes between RC3 and RC5 then it is likely to be the issue here.

Were you on an earlier RC and upgraded? If so, are the members having trouble ones who joined after upgrading to a more recent RC?

And please be more patient, I'm the only Staff who works on the merge system and I cannot be here 24/7. Also, all staff here are volunteers, so we may not have time to be online every day.