MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CopyRight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can i make the mybb copyright into a href instead of two
As long as there's a link back to MyBB, it should be fine.

Various examples:
Forum software by MyBB
Powered by MyBB
Community Forums are proudly running MyBB
Thanks because in the code above it says any modification to this code may result in refusal of support at mybb.com

Would this be ok, Proudly powered by MyBB | Theme Created by Jake.
That was probably on an older version of MyBB, the GNU LGPL now used for 1.6+ allows for it to be changed as long as there is a linkback. What version of MyBB do you run??
(2011-03-19, 08:12 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]That was probably on an older version of MyBB, the GNU LGPL now used for 1.6+ allows for it to be changed as long as there is a linkback. What version of MyBB do you run??

I am running 1.6.2
I assume you have upgraded from one of the older, pre GNU GPL license versions, since that's what text appears on the older MyBB versions.

But it's fine to change the copyright, so long as there's a linkback and has some sort of minimum text saying your forum runs MyBB. Smile
(2011-03-19, 08:23 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I assume you have upgraded from one of the older, pre GNU GPL license versions, since that's what text appears on the older MyBB versions.

But it's fine to change the copyright, so long as there's a linkback and has some sort of minimum text saying your forum runs MyBB. Smile

I just used the 1.6.2 patch and didn't use the full upgrade just the upgraded files. So thats why
By modification it means removing the minimum, which is 'Powered by MyBB' with a link back to us. What you've suggested there is fine as long as there's a link back Smile

(2011-03-19, 08:23 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I assume you have upgraded from one of the older, pre GNU GPL license versions, since that's what text appears on the older MyBB versions.

It sounds like he's got the new one, the old one said you'd get prosecuted, the new one just says you'll get denied support.
Matt would this be a ok copyright then
Proudly powered by MyBB | Theme Created by Jake.
that sould be fine aslong as MyBB is a linkback.
Pages: 1 2