MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: language buttons alt/title shortened.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its pretty gnarly to see:

"Email Send this user a private message Visit this user's website Find All of this Users Posts Delete this post Quote this message in a reply..."

If you have images disabled, maybe you guys should consider shortening this, it also sucks cause now I can't make themes that use css buttons capable of supporting multiple languages cause the current language tags are too long.

Undecided
I know it's not the best way but you can provide a modified language file for your themes. This should hold you over until 2.0 as I doubt there will be many changes regarding language files here anytime soon.
Who browses the internet with images disabled, really?
(2011-03-21, 05:11 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Who browses the internet with images disabled, really?

Blind people Toungue.

On topic though he's just trying to take advantage of the language files to make his themes work with multiple languages without having to make new buttons.
I still prefer my idea of theme-specific custom language files. Toungue
(2011-03-21, 05:11 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Who browses the internet with images disabled, really?

Not necessarily disabled images, but CSS styled buttons instead of image based.
(2011-03-20, 04:44 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's not the best way but you can provide a modified language file for your themes. This should hold you over until 2.0 as I doubt there will be many changes regarding language files here anytime soon.

Errrrr... its a good idea, but I don't people having to modify the core files of MyBB to use my themes.
You don't have to Wink Make a language file and a plugin that loads that language in the global hook then distribute them with your theme. Simple.
(2011-03-25, 07:52 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to Wink Make a language file and a plugin that loads that language in the global hook then distribute them with your theme. Simple.

This.
(2011-03-25, 07:52 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]You don't have to Wink Make a language file and a plugin that loads that language in the global hook then distribute them with your theme. Simple.

I don't think your understanding me... when someone releases a theme, (usually) it comes with an image folder and a xml file, thats it. I want to keep my theme releases in that same fashion simple enough.
Yeah but what's the fundamental difference between uploading an image folder and uploading a language file? None. Just put it all in a "to upload" folder.
Pages: 1 2