MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having Trouble Transferring Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've had my forum on localhost (XAMPP) for a few weeks whilst I set it up. I've purchased the domain name and the host and the DNS has transferred nicely. I'm having trouble transferring the forum from XAMPP to the actual web host. I've followed a few tutorials here to no avail. Below is what I've done.
  1. Made a MySQL backup of the forum through XAMPP's PHPMyAdmin
  2. Transferred all files to web host's cPanel File Manager
  3. Changed config.php with new database information
  4. Changed settings.php - replaced http://localhost entries with http://domainname.
  5. Made a new database on the web host through cPanel.
  6. Imported the localhost forum's backup I made earlier into new web host database. Successfully.
I'm left with the following error.

Quote:Warning: require_once(/home/laswuf/public_html/inc/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/laswuf/public_html/admin/index.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/laswuf/public_html/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/laswuf/public_html/admin/index.php on line 18

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers
Hi Harvey welcome to MyBB,

Look in your webhost root folder (public_html/) to make sure the MyBB files were transferred to the right place.
  • The error message is telling you they are not there. (EDIT: or at least some of the files are not in the right place)

You might have put them in (/home/laswuf/) instead of (/home/laswuf/public_html/)
FYI: With shared hosting those same 2 file paths will look like (/) and (public_html/)
Actually, now that the site's up, do you know the best way to replace files containing 'localhost' to 'domain'? The site's very disjointed ATM.
Also, whenever I login to the admin panel and click on something, it'll ask me to login again. Everything I do requires me to login (admin login) and nothing saves.
Let's start here:
(2011-03-20, 03:44 AM)Harvey Wrote: [ -> ]...
Also, whenever I login to the admin panel and click on something, it'll ask me to login again. Everything I do requires me to login (admin login) and nothing saves.

Both the database & settings file need the correct URL (cookie settings too), that is why you are getting logged out of admin.

1) In your webhosting control panel find the file /inc/settings.php
2) Look for the setting 'bburl' and change it to the new address
3) Also cookie domain (cookiedomain) should have .yourdomain.com
4) Use your webhosting control panel to find 'PHPmyAdmin' and access the database.
5) In the table mybb_settings look for the same two things bburl & cookiedomain / Update them there.

#
Now you can stay logged in and work with the admin.
It gets better soon Smile

(2011-03-20, 04:07 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Let's start here:
(2011-03-20, 03:44 AM)Harvey Wrote: [ -> ]...

Both the database & settings file need the correct URL (cookie settings too), that is why you are getting logged out of admin.

1) In your webhosting control panel find the file /inc/settings.php
2) Look for the setting 'bburl' and change it to the new address
3) Also cookie domain (cookiedomain) should have .yourdomain.com
4) Use your webhosting control panel to find 'PHPmyAdmin' and access the database.
5) In the table mybb_settings look for the same two things bburl & cookiedomain / Update them there.

#
Now you can stay logged in and work with the admin.
It gets better soon Smile

Great, and how about cookiepath? Also, I made the aforementioned changes and nothing changed, unfortunately. I think I need to change cookiepath and cookieprefix, but I don't know what to.

I appreciate your assistance.
Edit: I changed the cookiepath to '/' and it's now working nicely. Do I need to edit cookieprefix still?
You don't need to edit the cookie prefix!
(2011-03-20, 04:28 AM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to edit the cookie prefix!

Excellent. Then, until next time, I bid you lot good day.

Cheers
Thanks,
Have a good day!