MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Publicly Joinable Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to have users be able to create their own publicly join-able groups? I know you can do this with vBUlletin and I'd like to have the option on my MyBB site as well.

Basically it would just be for fun. Maybe a user finds there are several other users from Michigan. They can make a "Michigan Users" group and all join it. I don't want to have to approve or create each of these groups

Thanks!
So are you talking about groups that admins create and members will join and leave that freely,
OR
Members will create their own groups and then other members will Join or leave them freely ?

1 - Possible
2 - Might need a plugin / Don't know
(2011-03-20, 04:37 AM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]So are you talking about groups that admins create and members will join and leave that freely,
OR
Members will create their own groups and then other members will Join or leave them freely ?

1 - Possible

The second one. I have not (so far) found a plug in for it.
(2011-03-20, 10:40 AM)Seatbelt99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-20, 04:37 AM)Dimon Wrote: [ -> ]So are you talking about groups that admins create and members will join and leave that freely,
OR

1 - Possible

The second one. I have not (so far) found a plug in for it.

Because it is not possible yet, and is definitely not recommended. You don't want users to have the ability to create user groups. It'll lead to abuse.

I think he means he wants them to be able to create social groups like on vb sort of like a facebook group.
You create a grup say for users from uk then any user can join the group and have discussions and chat with in that group.
(2011-03-20, 11:08 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means he wants them to be able to create social groups like on vb sort of like a facebook group.
You create a grup say for users from uk then any user can join the group and have discussions and chat with in that group.

yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for.

I have it set up on my vB forums and people like it.
I don't believe MyBB has any plugin that does this Undecided
You can request one in the Plugin Requests forum though Smile