MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where do I change the color at?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to change the color of a couple small things in my theme. Could someone please tell me where the stylesheet is located that affects these colors?

First...when I receive a private message... and I would assume all people who receive them as well......you cannot read the notice that says you have a new private message. the colors are a light tan....with white letters. I need to change them to black letters so someone can see them.

Second..... when a person posts.......... all the option to embed videos are in white letters also against a white box......I need to change them to black as well.

If I could find where these bits of coding exist in which stylesheets I could fix them.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. Themes & Templates=>Themes=>YOUR THEME=>open global.css, EDIT STYLESHEET: Advance Mode and find:

.pm_alert {
below it its colors would be shown like:

background: #0000;
border: 1px solid #;
text-align: center;
padding: 5px 20px;
margin-bottom: 15px;
font-size: 11px;

edit these as per your likes.

2. Edit Stylesheet: Simple Mode

Open some category like some .table or like that and change its color to your likings and there its done.
Sweet....now I can find this one...but it will allow me to change the background color...but not the text color?
(2011-03-20, 01:16 PM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet....now I can find this one...but it will allow me to change the background color...but not the text color?
For text color find:

#container {

and edit the color: value found there and it would change the text color,but it would change text color of whole forums not just PM!

quote='mallard' pid='661105' dateline='1300625584']
I need to change the color of a couple small things in my theme. Could someone please tell me where the stylesheet is located that affects these colors?

First...when I receive a private message... and I would assume all people who receive them as well......you cannot read the notice that says you have a new private message. the colors are a light tan....with white letters. I need to change them to black letters so someone can see them.

Second..... when a person posts.......... all the option to embed videos are in white letters also against a white box......I need to change them to black as well.

If I could find where these bits of coding exist in which stylesheets I could fix them.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

I am not good in these thing ,I am in the learning stage and i am learning with these kind of affective questions.