MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lack of 1.6 plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I downloaded MyBB 1.6 and used it for my forum because it was the latest version - and now I've got an active forum running I can't downgrade it to 1.4.

It seems all the good plugins are for 1.4 and not 1.6..

My questions:

a) Can someone reccomend me some other good MyBB mod sites? There's barely any here.

b) Can someone reccomend me some other good MyBB theme sites? There's barely any here.

c) Does anyone know a Bug Tracker for 1.6?

Thanks.
a) There's plenty of plugins for 1.6
b) There's plenty of themes for 1.6
c) MyTracker by Tomm is a good plugin.
Considering many of the simple plugins made for 1.4 work fine with 1.6 by editing 1 line you obviously haven't been looking/trying hard enough.

And, why would MyBB make a downgrade option?
There a lot of plugins on the mod site and every day the numbers grow again. Also there are plugins that were originally written for 1.4 that also work on 1.6, you might only have to change the compatibility of the plugin to "16*" instead of "14*". The same goes for the themes.

It's recommended that you first test it on a test forum though.

If you still need a plugin, you can request it here. If there is enough demand for that plugin someone will write that and post it to the mod site. And if you still aren't happy, you can also request a custom (paid) plugin here.
(2011-03-20, 02:07 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]\
c) MyTracker by Tomm is a good plugin.

I tried it - when I try to install it, it says it's not compatible with 1.6.1
There are at least 320 plugins and 130 themes that are 1.6 compatible and on the mods site, not to mention that many plugins may be compatible but just need their compatibility field changed.

I don't think saying "There's barely any here." is a fair statement.

If you want us to help you then you need to actually tell us what your looking for, just saying that you want "good plugins" and a "good theme" isn't enough information for us to go on, you need to specify things like the type of functionality your after and what style of theme would suit your site.

All this aside, there are two whole forums dedicated to plugin and theme requests where people will help you find what you need.
Pretty much every 1.4 plugin will work fine on 1.6 with just a change of the compatibility required. If any of the changes or new features in 1.6 affects a plugin, then it'll need more changes, but not many need these sorts of changes.