MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting a thread/relying major problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when i try to make a thread there supposed to be a option to bold txt ot choose a font, font size, color, ect. about were you type but on my forum for some reason it does not have that. Can someone tell me why here is a pic,

[Image: captureveh.png]

I have highlighted were it is supposed to be but is not.

My forum is currently offline but if you need me to open it in order for you to solve this problem i will do so.

www.forumkorner.com

Thank you in advance for all help!
I forgot to mention the fact that if i go back to the default theme its not there. Im sure i just had a problem when installing and it didnt install properly but i have no idea what its called...
Simple answer = "What did you do to your editor?" Toungue

(2011-03-21, 12:12 AM)360Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]My forum is currently offline...
  • In this case, "who cares exactly what the problem is" let's just fix it.
There is more than one way to get started, this plan is 'virtually certain' to work, but you might 'waste' ~15 to 20 minutes:

1) (Optional) This may not help, but it won't hurt anything. Smile
Get a fresh copy of MyBB, delete the settings file, and upload to your server.*
*This way you are certain all the files are present and in the right place.

2) You *need* a test site. Make a fresh install of MyBB, in a different folder.
3a) There are 5 database tables related to 'templates and themes'
3b) In the database for your test site export those 5 tables using phpMyAdmin
3c) Import (or copy/paste the SQL) into your other database (the broken site)
4) Re-install the preferred theme @ your "real site."

^^^
ps. It's a little extra work, but the test site will come in handy several times in your future.

This seems a bit complicated for me :/ But i think ill just do 1. And just spend ALOT of time putting new everything into ftp. :/

You dont happen to know what that exact part is called do you? Cause i think it just didnt get installed. Thank you.
You'll get it right soon:

(2011-03-21, 02:12 AM)360Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]This seems a bit complicated for me...

...You dont happen to know what that exact part is called do you?...

Any problem you could ever have is either "in the files or the database."

a) Step #1 will insure your files are correct.
b) The rest will assure your db (related to the templates and themes) is correct.

Now, which part is too complicated 'a' or 'b'? Toungue

EDIT:
  • Perhaps someone else can give you better advice.
    Everything I'm telling you (in the other post) will help you both now and/or in the future.
Good luck.
I believe style is css reason cause install you mybb reason I think so you have issues delete on seeming on css! it is pretty not easy! you have images add on download ftp install product reason ftp! should be reinstall on css add! suggest!
Im pretty new to all this so i dont know much at all about it step a is easy as easy gets. b is hard. And would take me at least 5 hours. thats not including the hour or two it would take me to even remotely understand it. If Someone can figure it out and do it for me im willing to pay. I have spent over 48 hours straight on editing stuff and setting up the forum. I cant afford me or you messing something up. I dont want to have to do it all over again.
FYI: My suggestions are 'guaranteed' to provide you with a default theme which is fixed.
  • Perhaps someone who sees this thread will know how to directly fix the issue with your current theme.

/Best wishes
Im pretty sure i found the fix and problem. I added adsence ads in my template not with a plugin or anything and so i think i should just delete them and use a plugin and that might fix it. I will find out if that works if so i will come back and mark this thread as solved.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-39266.html