MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make my web host popular
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I opened a web host a while ago. It is all paid, and the rates are crazy cheap. My biggest problem is getting clients. What do all of you recommend?
Promote locally first and then expand globally.
Local advertising for all of the owners hasn't worked very well.
Not having to ask for donations here when your server goes down for days at a time.
Most shared hosting is < or = worthless, IMO.
You need a truly stable provider (which usually costs an above average amount of money), or you will eventually leave your customers disappointed.

You want to succeed?
1) Understand you entered a brutally tough business.
2) Be better than the competition.
3) Enjoy your success. Smile
Well looking at the site there is nothing there!

I see a basically blank index. The order page just gives me an option of signing up with no information about the packages. Only 2 offer options that are longer than a month. Not to mention a premade theme?

I'm sorry but none of this comes off as professional and planned.
just advertise it in locally then after getting some reputation to your web hosting then you could do it globally
Personally I don't really trust hosts that are too cheap. You just know that it are hosters that are trying to make money by overselling the capacity of their reseller/vps account.

Try to post promotional actions on Webhosting Talk. If you put quality over quantity you'll be getting good reviews which will result in a higher revenue.
You should submit your site to popular webhost directories Smile
(2011-03-21, 04:57 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Well looking at the site there is nothing there!

I see a basically blank index. The order page just gives me an option of signing up with no information about the packages. Only 2 offer options that are longer than a month. Not to mention a premade theme?

I'm sorry but none of this comes off as professional and planned.

I didn't even look at the page tbh, but oh man this is really bad. Kid's like 14 or something but it's still bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6