MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two Simple Questions...tyvm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi there,

My url - http://PinoyBodybuilding.com

1. I want to move my "mybb" directory to /forum

Should i just copy paste all it contents and put them in /forum folder ? What changes do i need to do to make it work ?

2. I'm installing WP on my main directory , how do i bridge it to "mybb" so that when they comment they'll able to use their forum name.

-When installing WP, should i use the same MYSQL database used by my forum ?

Thank You in advance..HeartCool

To move MyBB to the directory /forums, you must move all the content to /forums first of all. Next, you must edit .inc/settings.php. Modify the cookie settings and everything should be working after that.
Once you've edited the cookie settings (and board URL) in ./inc/settings.php, you then need to edit the same settings in the ACP.
1) Elites' (and Joshua's) advice + you could/should change ' bburl ' in your settings.
If your admin section starts logging you out "on every click", then you need to change *both* inc/settings.php and the database table mybb_settings.

2a) There is a Wordpress plugin released that has been "in progress" for a long time. I'm not up to date on what it can do, but I don't think user-sync or SSO (single-sign-on) are included.

2b) If you like Joomla, or at least avoid hating it, MyBB + Joomla + Wordpress w/ jFusion works really well.*

*Username changes are "not supported", expect to waste some time banging your head against a wall, once it actually works you will feel much better. Toungue
OK got it thanks guys !

What about question # 2 , should i use a different database or the same w/ my forum "mybb"

Also which one is better

WP + MyBB or joomla + MyBB

I want to bridge or integreate

tyvm

Well neither has perfect integration. I'd go with Joomla though. JFusion is a little more evolved than its WP counterparts.
^ really could you point me out which plugin to use to integrate Wp & myBB ?

I haven't used joomla, in terms of plugins does it offer a lot of free plugins like wordpress ?

ty 3>
(2011-03-21, 03:32 PM)jerielm Wrote: [ -> ]^ really could you point me out which plugin to use to integrate Wp & myBB ?

I haven't used joomla, in terms of plugins does it offer a lot of free plugins like wordpress ?

ty 3>
WP is real good if you wanna integrate a blog type system having mybb as forums,its plugins are also similar and awesome as mybb.

Yes Crazy that's what i wanted to do Toungue

Can i ask when i install wordpress should i use the same mysql database ?

Thanks and what plugin do you recommend to easily integrate wp & mybb
The only plugin to integrate WP and MyBB atm is WordBB, but it isn't being developed atm particularly. However, if you read my latest post in the release thread, it offers some pointers as to how I got it working.
Pages: 1 2 3 4