MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had this with my previous host, it was a "security measure" they implemented.
(2011-03-21, 11:28 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]This is a host configuration issue. The first place you should look in is the logs that the host provides, specifically the error log to find out the reason for the forbidden message.

Another thing to check is that all your mybb files are chmoded properly for the webserver to read.

According to myBB in ACP, all files are CHMOD properly. Though I got a message from my host to change all the files to 755. As far as I know, myBB requires 777. But thats just me?

Here is what my errorlog says.

Quote:[20-Mar-2011 19:47:58] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/galaxial/public_html/forum/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/galaxial/public_html/forum/global.php on line 19
[21-Mar-2011 13:15:49] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '../global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/galaxial/public_html/contact.php on line 13
(2011-03-21, 02:14 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I had this with my previous host, it was a "security measure" they implemented.

Exactly what I mentioned in my first post of this thread.

(2011-03-21, 05:18 PM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]...
According to myBB in ACP, all files are CHMOD properly. Though I got a message from my host to change all the files to 755. As far as I know, myBB requires 777. But thats just me?...

Welcome to shared hosting. You are much more likely to need 777 (since apache can't own your files), yet 777 is much more likely to be dangerous. Angel

I'm "with - G33K -", it's a hosting issue.
Your host (probably) has improperly set-up their security, and it's not something wrong with MyBB.
  • Shared hosting is cheap (and virtually worthless), maybe you should get a better one. Smile

ps. "Failed opening" the file is there and it's not allowed to open it.
(2011-03-21, 05:26 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-21, 02:14 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I had this with my previous host, it was a "security measure" they implemented.

Exactly what I mentioned in my first post of this thread.

(2011-03-21, 05:18 PM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]...
According to myBB in ACP, all files are CHMOD properly. Though I got a message from my host to change all the files to 755. As far as I know, myBB requires 777. But thats just me?...

Welcome to shared hosting. You are much more likely to need 777 (since apache can't own your files), yet 777 is much more likely to be dangerous. Angel

I'm "with - G33K -", it's a hosting issue.
Your host (probably) has improperly set-up their security, and it's not something wrong with MyBB.
  • Shared hosting is cheap (and virtually worthless), maybe you should get a better one. Smile

ps. "Failed opening" the file is there and it's not allowed to open it.

I am using forum hosting specially for forums. With cloudservers. But anyways, I will talk to them about it.
(2011-03-21, 05:18 PM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]Though I got a message from my host to change all the files to 755. As far as I know, myBB requires 777. But thats just me?

Your host told you to set all files to 755?? What the hell?? Files will be just fine set to the standard 644, apart from the two files that need to be set to 666. 755 and especially 777 is completely and totally unnecessary.
(2011-03-21, 07:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-21, 05:18 PM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]Though I got a message from my host to change all the files to 755. As far as I know, myBB requires 777. But thats just me?

Your host told you to set all files to 755?? What the hell?? Files will be just fine set to the standard 644, apart from the two files that need to be set to 666. 755 and especially 777 is completely and totally unnecessary.

This is the message I got. Apparently, they changed it for me, without my permission.

Quote:Hello,

Our automatic security system has detected that you have numerous files that have incorrect permissions which may lead to your website being hacked. The permissions for the following files were set to 777, they should be set to 755. If any of your scripts require you to use 777, please ignore it and use 755 as our platform will ensure that your script will work with secure permissions.

/home/galaxial/public_html/cache
/home/galaxial/public_html/uploads
/home/galaxial/public_html/uploads/avatars

The permissions for these files were automatically fixed by our system, please make sure you CHMOD your files to 755 in the future.
Right, they're folders, not files. Totally different things. Those files usually need to be set to 777 to work, but if they'll work set to 755 on your host then that's fine.
(2011-03-21, 07:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Right, they're folders, not files. Totally different things. Those files usually need to be set to 777 to work, but if they'll work set to 755 on your host then that's fine.

I have purchased my own VPS. Will Apache, ioncude and everything once it is setup from the provider.

Problem solved.I just transfered to my server and everything is working fine. Thank you.
(2011-03-21, 08:08 PM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-21, 07:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Right, they're folders, not files. Totally different things. Those files usually need to be set to 777 to work, but if they'll work set to 755 on your host then that's fine.

I have purchased my own VPS. Will Apache, ioncude and everything once it is setup from the provider.

Problem solved.I just transfered to my server and everything is working fine. Thank you.

A VPS, good job, escape from shared hosting!

Pages: 1 2