MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cross compatible plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When creating a new submission on the mod site you can only pick one MyBB version but what should you do if your plugin is cross compatible with MyBB 1.4 and 1.6? The plugin is only visible in the version you selected. Should the author create two separate submissions for all the versions the plugin is compatible with?

Maybe a good idea to have the option to select multiple versions when creating the submission.
I would say 2 submissions just because it's easier for the user. Besides, 1.4 will be losing support in a few months anyway won't it?
Just make one for 1.6, then say in your listing that it is 1.4 compatible. Support for 1.4 will be ending soon so most people will be upgrading to 1.6 if they haven't done so already.
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure how much longer 1.4 would be supported. But if that isn't going to be supported much longer there is indeed no need to have 2 submissions for one plugin.
We are currently discussing the 1.4 EOL but at the latest it will be 12 months from the 1.6 release date, so in August.
(2011-03-21, 10:12 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]We are currently discussing the 1.4 EOL but at the latest it will be 12 months from the 1.6 release date, so in August.

Okay, thanks Wink
(2011-03-21, 08:36 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Just make one for 1.6, then say in your listing that it is 1.4 compatible. Support for 1.4 will be ending soon so most people will be upgrading to 1.6 if they haven't done so already.

I doubt it, many still run 1.2....
(2011-03-21, 06:21 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt it, many still run 1.2....

That is clearly not most though, we have always been pretty aggressive with our product life cycle, if that that doesn't suit your needs then I'm sure SMF can help Toungue
Ouch Tim, that was a little harsh Toungue

But this is even moreso...
Stupidly
Moronic
Forums

Big Grin

Not that SMF doesn't have some good features, I just can't stand it overall Wink