MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Out of alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Upon entering a forum I get confronted with the following:

http://i.min.us/imjgR4.jpg

I know this isn't normal for MyBB and they should be centered both horizontally and vertically. I've checked various other forums and they are all centered correctly.

I'm not sure what's causing this, but if anyone can explain what area in the templates it is, or the .CSS files so I can rectify the problem. Would also be lovely if you could provide me the appropriate code (if required) to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Shannon
Open forumdisplay_threadlist template and find;
		<td class="tcat" colspan="3" width="66%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=subject&amp;order=asc">{$lang->thread}</a> {$orderarrow['subject']} / <a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=starter&amp;order=asc">{$lang->author}</a> {$orderarrow['starter']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=replies&amp;order=desc">{$lang->replies}</a> {$orderarrow['replies']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>
		{$ratingcol}
		<td class="tcat" align="right" width="20%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></span></td>

and Replace it to;
		<td class="tcat" colspan="3" width="66%" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=subject&amp;order=asc">{$lang->thread}</a> {$orderarrow['subject']} / <a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=starter&amp;order=asc">{$lang->author}</a> {$orderarrow['starter']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=replies&amp;order=desc">{$lang->replies}</a> {$orderarrow['replies']}</strong></span></td>
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="7%" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span></td>
		{$ratingcol}
		<td class="tcat" align="center" width="20%"><span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></span></td>
That solved half the problem, any chance you could help with centering them vertically?
Wha do you mean by centering them vertically ?
Well center them up and down, not just left to right between the tcat.
You'd use

vertical-align: middle;
(CSS)
That doesn't work, pyridine. Any other ideas?
Perhaps this?

<td class="tcat" colspan="3" valign="middle" width="66%" align="center">
	<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=subject&amp;order=asc">{$lang->thread}</a> {$orderarrow['subject']} / <a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=starter&amp;order=asc">{$lang->author}</a> {$orderarrow['starter']}</strong></span>
</td>
<td class="tcat" align="center" valign="middle" width="7%" align="center">
	<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=replies&amp;order=desc">{$lang->replies}</a> {$orderarrow['replies']}</strong></span>
</td>
<td class="tcat" align="center" valign="middle" width="7%" align="center">
	<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=views&amp;order=desc">{$lang->views}</a> {$orderarrow['views']}</strong></span>
</td>
 {$ratingcol}
<td class="tcat" align="center" valign="middle" width="20%">
	<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="{$sorturl}&amp;sortby=lastpost&amp;order=desc">{$lang->lastpost}</a> {$orderarrow['lastpost']}</strong></span>
</td>
That's not aligning it either, however it doesn't make any difference from the previous result.
Can we have your URL?
Pages: 1 2