MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keeps changing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am getting really annoyed with my forum at the moment. Every so often, I will be doing some maintenance or something in the ACP, and it will change all the forum path, bb name, cookie folder back to where I use to host it, localhost.

This is rather annoying and I'm unsure why this is occurring. Has anyone else experienced this before? Please assist me if you have, this is quite irritating and I've had enough of it.

I have my database hostname set to "localhost" but I am hosting it off my domain, that wouldn't make any sort of difference would it?

-Shannon
This will not change at all unless you've mis-configured something.

Did it change after you edit in ACP ? Try to use CTRL + F5 OR use FireFox (if you are using Chrome).
I haven't touched anything, except I installed Google-SEO, I just deleted all settings for it though. We will see what happens from here, hopefully everything is positive.
is inc/settings.php chmoded to 666?
Having problems again, trying to go to http://domain.com/folder/forumdisplay.php?fid=12 and then it straight away redirects to http://localhost/folder/forumdisplay.php?fid=12 and says "Invalid forum", because I haven't made that forum on my local.

I am so annoyed by this, what else can I do? If I can't get it solved, I will fresh install tomorrow, seeing as I don't have plugins or anything yet.

EDIT: I stopped wampserver and now everything seems to be normal, could there be a confliction between wampserver and MyBB somehow?
Only if you have wampserver configured wrong.

From the sounds of it you may have had that domain pointed to local host in your hosts file.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)
its exactly the problem like geek said,I also had it since 2-3 days.

See,by default inc/settings.php file is configured to read, i.e. CHMODDED to 644.

You gotta CHMOD it for 666 so it will give write permissions too,so what would happen is it would just make changes at one place so if you click save settings it would change again back to same as it is CHMOD to 644 at one place.So try CHMODING inc/settings.php and inc/config.php both to 666 and see if it helps.

Regards.
If settings are going back to an old setting it's usually because you've edited settings in settings.php and not edited them in the ACP again. Edit your settings and save them, make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666, and they'll be in sync. These old settings aren't coming from nowhere, they're stored somewhere, and if they're still sorted then you've not updated your settings correctly.
(2011-03-21, 07:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If settings are going back to an old setting it's usually because you've edited settings in settings.php and not edited them in the ACP again. Edit your settings and save them, make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666, and they'll be in sync. These old settings aren't coming from nowhere, they're stored somewhere, and if they're still sorted then you've not updated your settings correctly.
Yes,do this and report back if any problem occurs. Smile

The problem was, as directed by - G33K -, that I was editing it via inc/settings.php and the settings in AdminCP were remaining the same and reverting back over time.

I think everything is solved now, well at least let's hope so. Thanks for the help for anyone who actually tried to help me.
Pages: 1 2