MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help! Image File Extension Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I simply don't know how to reproduce .GIF images in Photoshop so they they don't look utterly horrible. I was wondering what the easiest way to edit templates/files to replace .GIF images with .PNG would be?
Edit your global.css, and edit the .thead and .tfoot classes to use a png image.
You could do what I do: Save as PNG, then change the files' names from .png to .gif. It works well and requires no template edits (which is important because some things require .gif and others can't be changed).
(2011-03-21, 05:24 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]You could do what I do: Save as PNG, then change the files' names from .png to .gif. It works well and requires no template edits (which is important because some things require .gif and others can't be changed).
I also do that for my forum from the first time I use MyBB.

(2011-03-21, 05:24 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ](which is important because some things require .gif and others can't be changed).
Not if this issue related to this thread:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-90670.html
But when you change it from a PNG to GIF, you're still left with the horrible quality?
You're not actually changing it to GIF, you're just pretending it's a GIF. Even IE is smart enough to figure out it's really a PNG.
How exactly do I rename it to a PNG then?
Sorry, I couldn't get to the website for the past couple of days.

It depends on which OS you're using, and the biggest issue is making it so you can actually see the extension. Google should help you with that. Once you've enabled that, it's just like normally renaming a file, you're just selecting the ".gif" part of the name and changing it to ".png".
Simply change the folder options so you can see hidden file extensions. Also, if you're using FTP software like FileZilla, you should be able to see the extensions.