MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Members Becoming Guests after Custom Merger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a custom merger written by Dylan that I can really use some help with.

Testing on a small board after the updating of the file worked fine but I merged a very large board yesterday and it's losing 118 members on the merge. The report says that all members and posts came through and no errors but you can see many of the members have become Guest instead of their username.

This is happening to long standing members with many posts/threads and those who recently joined last week.

Sadly they are not actual members and have no post counts, no click-ability on the name and thus I cannot simply correct it in the ACP > users.

Any suggestions?
I sent several emails to Dylan over the weekend but he's not answering and I'm forced to post here. Hopefully someone has a suggestion?
Dylan has been pretty busy lately with real life stuff, so he's probably not been able to receive emails often.
Well, whenever he gets a chance to get back online and see this, there are more problems with his custom code for me than I anticipated.

I can't log out of the merged board and back in again. This is an account that was not merged over but a separate one made for the new install of mybb pre-merge.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='Admin' LIMIT 1
Thats the login convert plugin causing that issue. I have no time for updating it right now. But members aren't "becoming" guests either. They aren't getting merged, so their posts are showing as guest.
Problem solved! Thanks Dylan.
For those interested, this wasn't a problem with the custom merge, it was an issue with Hostgator. We had to lower the amoutn to transfer per page on the merge system from 1000 down to 20. Thats right, TWENTY. HG Sucks. End of Story.